Hottest Houston News Personalities

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
best dressed? or best stretched buttons?

Did you know that every penny Dominique and other TV people spend on their wardrobe and appearance is tax deductible? They can also deduct their hairstyling costs, and Dominique spends a ton on that.

Many small and medium market TV stations provide a "wardrobe allowance " to make up for the low pay, but stations in the big markets let their "stars" pay for their own wardrobes out of their "large" paychecks.

That way the stars can deduct those costs.

It's called "unreimbursed business expense".

Did you know that every penny Dominique and other TV people spend on their wardrobe and appearance is tax deductible? They can also deduct their hairstyling costs, and Dominique spends a ton on that.

Many small and medium market TV stations provide a "wardrobe allowance " to make up for the low pay, but stations in the big markets let their "stars" pay for their own wardrobes out of their "large" paychecks.

That way the stars can deduct those costs.

It's called "unreimbursed business expense".

Form a visual perspective, this is an improvement. Back in the days when every medium-sized town had its own local department store, it was the department store that sent over the clothing for the anchors in exchange for a chyron at the end of the show. These days that's mercifully rare, except in game shows, talk shows, and The Soup on E!.

Form a visual perspective, this is an improvement. Back in the days when every medium-sized town had its own local department store, it was the department store that sent over the clothing for the anchors in exchange for a chyron at the end of the show. These days that's mercifully rare, except in game shows, talk shows, and The Soup on E!.

You're right. I should have included those small and medium market TV stations that work a trade-out with a local clothing or department store. Advertising in return for wardrobe for the on-camera people is a common practice in many small and medium markets.

Even so, some TV managers still prefer to provide a wardrobe allowance. They don't want to give away ad minutes they can sell, and the station can deduct an allowance as a cost of doing business.

I remember this very question coming up on Wendy Miller's midday show on KLOL one day, I'll never forget the guy who called in and said "the one on Ch. 2 with the fake ****" referring to Dominique. I remember she didn't quite look that way when she did morning traffic while still being a dj on Mix 96.5.

Anyone else think Lauren Freeman is pregnant? She's a newlywed and has been wearing really frumpy looking sweaters and dresses lately and seems to be a bit plumper than she used to be. There are rumors on other message boards that she is but I have yet to find anything official.

Anyone else think Lauren Freeman is pregnant? She's a newlywed and has been wearing really frumpy looking sweaters and dresses lately and seems to be a bit plumper than she used to be. There are rumors on other message boards that she is but I have yet to find anything official.

My mom thought the same thing, then I saw her too. She's definitely pregnant.

It's been rumored for a long time that Anderson was "light in the loafer." But it has been rumored for a while now that several of the meteorologists in Houston, both past and present personalities, were gay as well.

As an employee/intern at KPRC, I'd have to say that not only is Dominique absolutely BEAUTIFUL but she has just as beautiful personality. She is a sweet heart in real life! Always has something nice to say.

My favorite news personalities are:

Dominique Sachse (see on daily basis)

Cecilia Sinclair (meet several times and is just as sweet as Dominique)

Travis Herzog (whom I'm friends with)

Frank Billingsley (work with)

Art Rascon (meet several times)

Bill Balleza

Bob Nicholas

Orelon Sidney

I've met many more, but since I've had the opportunity to work with many of the folks from KPRC Channel 2, my list may be a bit bias.

I like weatherman Travis Herzog...Ch. 13, gotta go, it's almost 4:00...news time. I also like anchorman Art Rascon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

There is simply not enough Erik Barajas love on this thread.

13445024_362X480.jpg

He's like a clean, non-greasy, non-prostitute-dating version of Christiano Ronaldo. Rowr!!! :wub:

Stupid question, might get a stupid answer. Is he the son of Mike?

Update, a quick Google.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 years later...

I've been so annoyed that I created an account here just to be able to say this. I'm hoping someone from KHOU will see it and make a change. My husband watches channel 11 for the weather in the morning and evening. I hold the remote because the forced laugh of Mia Gradney and Shern-Min has become like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I hit the mute button as soon as it starts. I don't want to make anyone feel bad so I'm just saying I know someone told these ladies to laugh like that, similar to a barking dog, sharp and loud and completely fake. If this is what the bosses want, please send these ladies to a class on how to laugh pleasantly. I can't stand this station anymore just because of this horrible laughing. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived