Vote for Houston!

ProHouston

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the first time, it's not letting me vote for Houston. I can click on other cities, but not Houston. I'm not voting for the other cities.

yeah me too. Maybe the cities and places on the board are already predetermined by the game company. This could just be a promo to get people interested with no intention for the people to decide.

For the first time, it's not letting me vote for Houston. I can click on other cities, but not Houston. I'm not voting for the other cities.

Me neither, Kim! :P

yeah me too. Maybe the cities and places on the board are already predetermined by the game company. This could just be a promo to get people interested with no intention for the people to decide.

Maybe they're just mad at Phoenix!

Yep, they stopped showing the vote count so nobody will know until they release the results in late summer. I know this much, we had passed Philly! And were quickly catching up with Miami. I'm sure we can pass Miami if we just keep voting like we were. There is even an outside chance that we can catch Seattle. My only concern is Phoenix, they were still pulling away but at a slower rate.

Let's keep voting everyday and let others know as well. Just because we can't see the results doesn't mean we can't affect the outcome. This might be a blessing in disguise, maybe other cities will stop voting while we continue.

Vote on HAIFers!

Houston's probably getting too close for Monopoly's liking. You know they'll have the top spot go to New York or L.A. or Chicago or Miami regardless.

Thats what I am thinking. I can't vote for Houston or Dallas, but I can vote for other cities but I won't. I was voting for Dallas also in the past, since they were so far behind alot of cities.

So if you guys can't vote for Houston, vote for Dallas, atleast one Texas city can make it.

I was able to vote today. It said this is the last week, so if you havent yet, get the word out ;)

Definitely, this is the last week and we really need to push. Especially since we don't know where we fall in order anymore. I'm sure that all voting will fall off this week, so if we can keep up the same pace we should be able to pass at least Miami if not Seattle also.

Keep voting daily!

So was anyone registered? I want to say there was something that said sign up to learn the results after voting or something to that effect.

Yeah, I registered so they should email me the final results later in the summer. As soon as they do I'll post them. I just hope we moved up in the rankings.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I heard on the radio that Johnson space center is going to be close to Free Parking.

It is in the spot where Tennessee Ave is or 2 spots away from Free Parking.

By the way, I am sure the only reason why you are posting a new thread is because you forgot one exists already.

Editor, can we merge this please!

Well, for everyone who knows just how important Dallas is in the world of travel destinations, it shouldn't come as a big surprise that Dallas was put on the 2nd cheapest property on the board and that the most relevant landmark in the area is a soon be vacated stadium.

In all fairness though, there are some better landmarks they could have put on the board to represent Dallas. Not much better, but at least they could have chosen something that had a better chance of surviving within the next decade. I wouldn't consider Fair Park a major landmark but at least it has some history and will be around for awhile. And I'm a little surprised that DFW airport wasn't selected as one of the airports on the board. I thought DFW airport was supposed to be the busiest airport in the world or something.

I guess no matter how hard they try, Dallas will never be known for anything other than football and that idiotic old t.v. soap opera.

Anyone who knows how to play the game of Monopoly will tell you the most valuable properties to have on the board are the orange properties. They get landed on the most. It's because players are sent to jail so often and the most likely numbers to roll when a player gets out of jail are seven, six, and eight.

Houston is number eight from jail. That's a great space. Lot's of people will now come to Houston and lose all their money. At least in Monopoly.

Archived