houstonsemipro

Hardy Yards Development

HoustonMidtown    2483
On 4/23/2017 at 0:30 PM, largeTEXAS said:

Any idea what's being built here? (This is just east of the main Hardy Yards site along Maury Street between Burnett and Leona: https://www.google.com/maps/place/1498+Maury+St,+Houston,+TX+77020/@29.7745499,-95.3507772,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x8640b92ad6f2502d:0x800a1d7798380771!8m2!3d29.7740896!4d-95.3496499 

Looks like a warehouse

36886152560_ea47c3e95c_b.jpg

• Like 3

Kinglyam    43

I just did my semi-random web search for information related to this development, and found this notice in the agenda for the Commissioner's Court, for a meeting that happened last night (October 11):

"To consider matters relating to the case of Harris County v. CR V Hardy Yards, LP, and upon completion thereof to take further action as appropriate, including possible settlement."

I can't find any reference to this case otherwise. All I can tell is it's the same company name under which the MSD was obtained, but the MSD doesn't involve Harris County. Anyone know what agreements were between those two entities that might result in a lawsuit? 

• Like 2

Heights007    1
22 hours ago, Kinglyam said:

I just did my semi-random web search for information related to this development, and found this notice in the agenda for the Commissioner's Court, for a meeting that happened last night (October 11):

"To consider matters relating to the case of Harris County v. CR V Hardy Yards, LP, and upon completion thereof to take further action as appropriate, including possible settlement."

I can't find any reference to this case otherwise. All I can tell is it's the same company name under which the MSD was obtained, but the MSD doesn't involve Harris County. Anyone know what agreements were between those two entities that might result in a lawsuit? 

It's a condemnation proceeding, related to the Hardy Toll Road Extension. The cause number is 2016-13877. See attached PDF for details.

Harris County v CR V Hardy Yards.pdf

• Like 1

Triton    8798
19 hours ago, Heights007 said:

It's a condemnation proceeding, related to the Hardy Toll Road Extension. The cause number is 2016-13877. See attached PDF for details.

Harris County v CR V Hardy Yards.pdf

Oh wow. So it looks like the Hardy Tollroad Extension will affect the new warehouse being built on that property. 

Edit: Attached ramps that will affect it.

hardyyards.JPG

Kinglyam    43
5 minutes ago, Triton said:

Oh wow. So it looks like the Hardy Tollroad Extension will affect the new warehouse being built on that property. 

I don't think so. If you look at the current Google Earth aerial, you'll see they seem to have already accounted for that. It crosses the corner at Brooks and Maury, which is the block they're using for laydown. The laydown yard has the northwest corner of the block left alone, which lines up right with the ROW in the condemnation document. I'm pretty sure the new building is east of that. HCAD says that little corner is CRV, but the rest of it is Kurtz Development.

• Like 1

Timoric    682
7 minutes ago, Kinglyam said:

I don't think so. If you look at the current Google Earth aerial, you'll see they seem to have already accounted for that. It crosses the corner at Brooks and Maury, which is the block they're using for laydown. The laydown yard has the northwest corner of the block left alone, which lines up right with the ROW in the condemnation document. I'm pretty sure the new building is east of that. HCAD says that little corner is CRV, but the rest of it is Kurtz Development.

Way off topic, but why can't Houston use some existing railroads for commuting like the VRE and railroads on the East Coast from DC Proper to MD and VA locations?

• Like 1

cspwal    1800

The current ones are pretty busy with freight traffic, and have a lot of at grade intersections

Triton    8798
29 minutes ago, Kinglyam said:

I see it now. Well that's good. But the lawsuit has to do with something in this immediate vicinity right?

• Like 1

IronTiger    721
13 hours ago, Triton said:

Edit: Attached ramps that will affect it.

hardyyards.JPG

Sad to say that's not too surprising. There was another topic where Toddle House was discussed near the intersection of Murphy Road and US-90. It was neither torn down for Jack in the Box nor the overpass...there was an incredibly short-lived building that was built at the tail-end of 2003 and completed in early 2004 (if it all) but totally torn down by spring 2005.

• Like 1