houstonsemipro

Hardy Yards Development

698 posts in this topic

I'm impressed at their aim, although I wonder if they're just being stolen. When the signs first debuted, half of the letters were gone within a week.

Though the letters stolen can be arranged to spell "RAD", I can assure you it is no such thing to be stolen.

Amateurs. They could've left the letters in place but rearranged them, instead of stealing them. I look forward to a small army of drunken, juvenile anagram fans doing their part to ensure that passersby are welcomed to "DAY RASH DRY".

On 2/12/2015 at 0:48 PM, Triton said:

As stated by someone earlier, the fence is now down. Perhaps the markers are for roads... looks very similar to the outline here.

16494675036_b4b4692b7c_h.jpg

20150213_122903 by marclongoria, on Flickr

It's pretty impressive how far this has come in one year considering it's a 55 acre site that previously had no city utilities or other infrastructure. 

2 people like this

its right across the street.... I am about to close on a lot on hogan and hardy myself actually. I am so excited for this area 

1 hour ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Massive purchase by UHD as it expands its campus downtown. How close is this to the Hardy Yards development?

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/UHD-buying-17-acres-downtown-7940337.php#photo-9340488

Looks to be right across Burnett Station from Hardy Yards, at the Daly Street Park and Ride lot.

"Combined with two adjacent parcels of land the school already owns, the 17-acre tract will give it control of 27 contiguous acres bordered by White Oak Bayou to the west, North Main to the east, the Union Pacific railroad tracks to the north and the existing UHD campus to the south."

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, cloud713 said:

Looks to be right across Burnett Station from Hardy Yards, at the Daly Street Park and Ride lot.

"Combined with two adjacent parcels of land the school already owns, the 17-acre tract will give it control of 27 contiguous acres bordered by White Oak Bayou to the west, North Main to the east, the Union Pacific railroad tracks to the north and the existing UHD campus to the south."

I wasn't 100% sure this was the land they were talking about, but wow this school is growing big time. Possibly a future Div 3? 

1 person likes this

Wow

It's almost unrecognizable with landscaping

3 people like this

Good to see them adding the infrastructure and landscaping during the downturn. 

suburban-like

2 people like this

4 hours ago, lockmat said:

suburban-like

How so? Landscaping wise?

curvy streets, narrow sidewalks and grass strips.

I appreciate the bump-outs though, but ultimately the buildings will determine just how suburban this ends up seeming.

Edited by Texasota
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

I appreciate the bump-outs though, but ultimately the buildings will determine just how suburban this ends up seeming.

Yep, I am very bummed that they continue to build narrow sidewalks with the grass strips. Especially so close to downtown. 

Edited by dml423
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

Looking at the most recent concept drawings, you have to have some sort of curve to the E/W streets to use the land appropriately.  We need an elevated picture of the new construction infrastructure to see if it is matching this relatively dense concept.

I agree though that those narrow sidewalks are awful anywhere they're expecting pedestrian traffic.  Only advantage of them is a place for your dog to pee.

On 11/22/2015 at 1:08 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

I don't mind the grass strip if it has those orderly-looking trees planted in it. In five or so years, as they get larger, they will provide a far more valuable thing: shade for both the sidewalk and the street, something that cannot be understated in its importance during a Houston summer.

Edited by The Pragmatist
4 people like this

18 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

How so? Landscaping wise?

11 hours ago, Texasota said:

Basically what he said. I don't hate landscaping so much. For me, it's mainly the small sidewalks. Too much grass.

On July 9, 2016 at 8:42 PM, lockmat said:

Basically what he said. I don't hate landscaping so much. For me, it's mainly the small sidewalks. Too much grass.

How wide do you think sidewalk in a neighborhood such as this need to be?

The sidewalks should be large enough for pedestrians and bicyclist to take to rail stop. 

12 minutes ago, BeerNut said:

The sidewalks should be large enough for pedestrians and bicyclist to take to rail stop. 

These easily pass that test.  (But FWIW, I don't  think  bicyclists are supposed to be riding in sidewalks.)