New Show "great Day Houston"

KimberlySayWhat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out Casey left cause I'm watching the show now. Duncan is the new host? What is a matter with KHOU?!

KTRK's Debra Duncan show was a disaster towards the end because Duncan is too much of a realist to be enertaining to the key demographic this show tries to reach (wives/mothers early 20s-mid 30s many of whom are stay at home and affluent). The wanted a bubbly Barbie like whitney host.

As is the show was all about clothes, shopping, meals, gardening, etc...

It'll be gone if it turns into a talk show about depressing topics that the Debra Duncan show was towards the end.

I am glad they didn't give the show to Chrsitina cause she seems like she is putting on that shallow bubbly persnality act; she just does not seem genunine to me.

It wouldn't happend in a million years but they should have given it to new KHOU reporter Leigh Frillici because she is a good balance between serious and upbeat. I can't stand people with frozen/painted smiles (Sachse and Lucy Noland come to mind). On Fridays Paul Berlin (iconic Houstonian) should have had a 15 minute segment to do something to cover our history or interview a famous Houstonian. His stories were always gripping on radio. With TV he could have gone all over the city and done great stuff.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone heard of this new talk show "Great Day Houston"; premieres in March. Hosted by California native, former CNN correspondent, ex-wife of NFL player Jason Seahorn, Whitney Casey. Are there not any qualified Houstonians available in the business?

She's gone? I am so behind on some of these posts.

Never paid attention, Debra Duncan is doing it, but wasn't this kinda already done with the Debra Duncan show.

She should have had it from the begining.

I am glad they didn't give the show to Chrsitina cause she seems like she is putting on that shallow bubbly persnality act; she just does not seem genunine to me.

Christina who?, Christina Garza, where did you read this?

• 1 month later...

Archived