Montagu Hotel At 804 Fannin St.

editor

What's really weird is how people cheer afterwards. :huh: What's that about? I mean it's not like any great personal accomplishment.
I think people have a morbid fascination about watching destruction.

Yeah, there were a lot of those folks. Also probably completely ignorant about the building, its history, and so on.

Can't beat a "demolition party" I saw on Russet St. in Tanglewood - complete with champagne and little kiddos running around:

5ewfm9.jpg

2rnvm37.jpg

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, there were a lot of those folks. Also probably completely ignorant about the building, its history, and so on.

Can't beat a "demolition party" I saw on Russet St. in Tanglewood - complete with champagne and little kiddos running around:

5ewfm9.jpg

2rnvm37.jpg

They were probably celebrating the home in which the local grouch lived in.

At the end of the video one "dude" cries out, "That was freakin' awesome!" :mellow:

I suppose that's alright, as long as it is the owner of the property throwing the party. Otherwise it could come off as a bit crass.

• 2 years later...

Gail - thank you for posting and welcome to HAIF. If you wouldn't mind, there would be plenty of folks here that would be interested in hearing about your time at the Montagu in the 1960s. As for Mr. Kalas, I'm not sure if he checks this message board any longer.

• 1 year later...

Not sure how often people check this thread, but I actually stumbled across something interesting in the tunnel between the Walker @ Main garage and BG Group Place. Right at the corner, as the path leads up into the tower, there's a historical display regarding the Cotton / Montagu as well as a decent-sized display piece of the top floor facade and cornice. Here are some photos from my recent trip back home...

DSC09060.jpg

DSC09061.jpg

DSC09062.jpg

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Montagu Hotel At 804 Fannin St.

Archived