Vacant Hotel Parcel On Westcreek Ln.

This is the same group, Cypress Real Estate Advisors, that developed my neighborhood, Longwood.

Should be a very nice project as they're some of the brightest in the business. They even managed Harvard's mammoth endowment, which is now one of their biggest investors:

http://www.cypress-advisors.com/

Edited by mrfootball
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The obvious trend in city development is that demand for a specific area causes people to cram in there, and to figure out alternatives when the roads become gridlocked. You can't sustain the sprawl, car-based model when you get this much development . . . Look at New York, or even Brooklyn. To me, the traffic pressure is a good thing and what I have been waiting to see.

I agree Metro needs to be paying attention here. Avoiding Westheimer avoiding the elephant in the room (is it possible that they are planning to serve the Galleria through a Post Oak line that would have a transfer station at Richmond?).

if space would be an issue right around the galleria area for rail; make it an el. the idea was kicked around in the 80's. it would be preferable becuase traffic at westheimer/610 is already a bitch.

i like the idea of a subway station at the galleria though. i think there will be a BRT route going and down post oak as well.

• Like 1

B)

if space would be an issue right around the galleria area for rail; make it an el. the idea was kicked around in the 80's. it would be preferable becuase traffic at westheimer/610 is already a delicate flower.

i like the idea of a subway station at the galleria though. i think there will be a BRT route going and down post oak as well.

A subway from Highland to the Galleria-in order to go under the SP rail and the loop-could resolve anyone's concerns regarding thier right to drive their single occupant vehicle. With a short sretch of subway, those that choose to travel in a more efficient and rapid mode won't have to deny those that choose to sit in stop and go traffic.

This may be a topic better discussed in the U Line thread.

• Like 1

B)

A subway from Highland to the Galleria-in order to go under the SP rail and the loop-could resolve anyone's concerns regarding thier right to drive their single occupant vehicle. With a short sretch of subway, those that choose to travel in a more efficient and rapid mode won't have to deny those that choose to sit in stop and go traffic.

This may be a topic better discussed in the U Line thread.

I think it's time Metro seriously considers putting the University Line underground from Weslayan to Sage. I know it's costly but it'd please all parties and eliminate all construction concerns in the area.

• Like 1

Mixed-use project flows to Westcreek

Aging Galleria-area complex to be razed to make way for potpourri of upscale uses

By Jennifer Dawson

Houston Business Journal

Updated: 8:00 p.m. ET April 30, 2006

Developers are planning to tear down more than 1,000 inner Loop apartments near the Galleria and replace them with a 1.5 million-square-foot mixed-use development containing specialty retail space, a boutique hotel and residential units in midrise and high-rise buildings.

The redevelopment is planned for 29 acres just inside the 610 Loop between Westheimer and San Felipe where the Westcreek Apartments are located. Westcreek is adjacent to the old six-acre Central Ford dealership site on Westheimer, which is earmarked for a mixed-use redevelopment as well.

The parties that control the Westcreek and Central Ford sites are considering doing a joint development, according to sources.

To read the rest click below:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12571850/

• Like 1

Mixed-use project flows to Westcreek

Aging Galleria-area complex to be razed to make way for potpourri of upscale uses

By Jennifer Dawson

Houston Business Journal

Updated: 8:00 p.m. ET April 30, 2006

To read the rest click below:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/12571850/

Don't believe everything you read. This is far from a done deal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Westcreek was my first and only apartment in town. I'm sad for that. They were nice and affordable for the area. Loads of people have lived there at one time or another. Now, I assume, they'll be really expensive and outside the price range for people with their first jobs and the older people who live there on a fixed income. That was the two typical Westcreek residents when I lived there. Kinda sad for me.

• Like 1

Westcreek was my first and only apartment in town. I'm sad for that. They were nice and affordable for the area. Loads of people have lived there at one time or another. Now, I assume, they'll be really expensive and outside the price range for people with their first jobs and the older people who live there on a fixed income. That was the two typical Westcreek residents when I lived there. Kinda sad for me.

I wonder when those buildings were built. They look like late 60's or 70's. I assume they kept them somewhat updated because opccupancy always seemed to be high enough.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
AAMOF, (as a matter of fact), it wouldn't surprise me if developers of certain areas came together to push for better transportation plans to accomodate new developments. Particularly Uptown.

I love the developments Uptown, but MidtownCoog is right. (insert :o here). Traffic in that area is a problem. What IS the problem there? Some of them roads got, like, 12 lanes or something there...

BAD, BAD drivers

• Like 1

what a waste. there are so many drab and rundown apartment complexes in this city so why do they have to knock down some of the nicer ones?

if this thing goes through, traffic on san felipe and westheimer is going to suck big time.

• Like 1

what a waste. there are so many drab and rundown apartment complexes in this city so why do they have to knock down some of the nicer ones?

if this thing goes through, traffic on san felipe and westheimer is going to suck big time.

You mean it doesn't already?

When I'm in that part of town after 3pm and don't have any other committments, I just hunker down at the gym or Morton's for a casual dinner.

Maybe THAT can be the next location for rail later on if things keep building up like that.

I'm glad this development is going up, but I worry that the local infrastructure will need some serious improvements once this thing is done.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I like the WestCreek an River Oaks District renderings the most.

Ive noticed on the River Oaks District they have actual tenants listed

Barneys an W Hotel are posted all over it an then I noticed Prada

an when you look at the retail lay out they are all listed have these retailers actually signed on(I hope so)

or are they wishful thinking????

• Like 1

I like the WestCreek an River Oaks District renderings the most.

Ive noticed on the River Oaks District they have actual tenants listed

Barneys an W Hotel are posted all over it an then I noticed Prada

an when you look at the retail lay out they are all listed have these retailers actually signed on(I hope so)

or are they wishful thinking????

I'm afraid it's just wishful thinking. I believe they also show a DeBeers store, which recently opened in The Galleria. There will not be two DeBeers stores in Houston any time soon, much less within 1 mile of each other.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
Westcreek = Oaks District = River Oaks District ≠ High Street

Okay, So NOW I am REALLY confused. :wacko:

14oamg6.jpg

The $629 million River Oaks District development is located in the

Uptown-Galleria area and close to downtown Houston. Fronting the

610 Loop, Westheimer and San Felipe, the 1.5 million sf/31 acre

site is one of the most valuable locations in the City. This elite

mixed-use development will be pedestrian oriented and include

350,000 sf retail, 80,000 sf office space, residential, two high-end

hotels and a new urban park.

Someone help, is THIS Westcreek or not? :unsure:

The tallest building looks to be around 38 stories, maybe this is along the Westheimer side which looks like direct sidewalk access to it as well.

• Like 1

The $629 million RIVER OAKS DISTRICT development is located in the Uptown-Galleria area and close to downtown Houston. Fronting the 610 Loop, Westheimer and San Felipe, the 1.5 million sf/31 acre site is one of the most valuable locations in the City. This elite mixed-use development will be pedestrian oriented and include 350,000 sf retail, 80,000 sf office space, residential, two high-end

hotels and a new urban park.

RIVER OAKS DISTRICT

WESTCREEK is an impressive 31 acre site located in the heart of the Galleria submarket of Houston with frontage on Westheimer, San Felipe and Loop 610. The unique site is currently comprised of 1,229 Class B apartment units and 86,000 SF of ground leased retail. The site will be redeveloped in two phases into a large scale, high-end, 1.5 million SF mixed use development which will include specialty retail, a boutique hotel and will be surrounded by mid-rise and high-rise residences fronting a central plaza. Westcreek will offer a collection of restaurant concepts, specialty shops and unique architecture in a pedestrian oriented, stylish community delivering a sophisticated urban environment unlike anything Houston has ever seen.

WESTCREEK

Same stats, just different names and renderings. With (2) topics on this, it will just get confusing. Can we merge?

Edited by Pumapayam
  • Like 1

Just close this one, or let it die. No one posted in it for almost a year. It's just too confusing now. Besides, the other one has already been established and is just...better.

Edited by Trae
  • Like 1