The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

Honestly I am glad SOMETHING is being put in front of the old Galleria portion....the "luxury jewel box" as its called will definitely cover up the old ugly galleria...i have been dying for someone to just powerwash the facade of the Galleria at the very least haha! I love the Galleria but the north east end to middle has need a facelife for sometime now... hopefully the rest of the galleria will catch up to the luxury jewel box and what the north west side is going to look like!

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

i'm still wondering, just what on earth shall neiman marcus plan to come up with in order to freshen up / expand their store.  neiman marcus houston galleria, is just as antiquated as the old dillard's post oak.  they shall now require a total revamp, in order to stay competitive with the new saks store....  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

did anyone ever get to view a new rendering / concept of the now under construction SAKS FIFTH AVENUE houston galleria?  i never have.  are there any related renders / concepts out there anyone?

i don't believe one was ever posted. thats why i wanted to post these pictures of the facade/was surprised no one else had posted pictures of it yet. at the very least, the design they are going with is completely new to the two of us. maybe there are renderings floating around out there that everyone else has seen? heh.

so what do you think? its starting to take shape.. seems modern..? i was never the best at pinpointing decorative styles. do y'all think Simon will give the entire mall a facelift to match Galleria III and the Jewel Box?

Edited by cloud713

^^^ thank you for posting these cool illustrations cloud.  however, yes, the galleria is supposedly now undergoing a new $250mm interior and exterior renovation / redevelopment.  the new WEBSTER STORE, and the highly touted JEWEL BOX, are also included in exterior development.  upon my utmost concerns at this particular mall are:  what on earth are they going to do, regarding that huge aging jurassic park dinosaur DILLARD'S?  god, only knows, that this dinosaur needs to buried so very deep, that no famous archeologist could ever think of excavating it.  also, just what on earth, shall the officials at NEIMAN MARCUS perform with their highly antiquated edifice, to try and counter the much anticipated momentum, that shall undoubtably be unleashed, as soon as the new magnificent SAKS FIFTH AVENUE opens?  there is just no way in this world that they can just sit back and relax... 

oh, my friend Monarch, u r over the top today :-)    I too would be quite happy to have the the Jurassic Park Dillard's done away with, along with the oh-so-charming roast-beef-sandwich-franchise-turned-erotica shop next door.

OTOH, I think Neiman's could still be cool if they cleaned up the exterior.  It was quite impressive when it was new back in 69 or so, before the mall was even built.  

• Like 1

oh, my friend Monarch, u r over the top today :-) I too would be quite happy to have the the Jurassic Park Dillard's done away with, along with the oh-so-charming roast-beef-sandwich-franchise-turned-erotica shop next door.

OTOH, I think Neiman's could still be cool if they cleaned up the exterior. It was quite impressive when it was new back in 69 or so, before the mall was even built.

Dillard's could use a clean up as well, but I'm not sorry to see Zone D Erotica go away. The gas station could also stand to go away as well, I think.

• Like 1

Dillard's could use a clean up as well, but I'm not sorry to see Zone D Erotica go away. The gas station could also stand to go away as well, I think.

whoa whoa whoa there buddy! Slow down there. That Dillards, gas station, and Zone D Erotica are part of the untouchable Post Oak/Uptown "paradise". I mean "Uptown is a Houston masterpiece. Why do [you] want to ruin it?"

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

MR_Galleria-Houston_RenExt_02.jpg

http://www.beckgroup.com/projects/galleria-saks-fifth-avenue-renovation/

http://simoncorpoverview.com/property/7621/property_brochure.html#page/23

Simon Properties is transforming Houston’s iconic Galleria as a response to its new luxury tenants. The renovation, part of a $250 million transformation of The Galleria’s luxury wing, will ensure that The Galleria remains the destination of choice for affluent consumers in the area. Beck’s construction team is building a new state-of-the-art Saks Fifth Avenue flagship store. In a second phase, the team will convert the existing Saks store into a new two-level mall wing with space for 35 retailers and several restaurants.

MR_Galleria-Houston_RenExt_01.jpg

More renders from their webpage for The Galleria

1172612761.jpg

2478935621.jpg

• Like 7

thanks for the update! i am super excited about the Galleria renovations as its about time...and love living and working across the street from it! especially excited about even more restaurant choices since i do not cook and dont want to learn haha! ;)

The renderings of this store make it look tiny. Maybe the point is to make it appear smaller and more exclusive. But, I have a hard time placing this on the end of the Galleria. Anyone else having a hard time see it? It looks nice, however.

^^^ i concur.  however, should you click on the upper provided linkage, and head into the actual SIMON GALLERIA MALL brochure, you will then reference a much more beautiful / dynamic store design.  as these two outer illustrations appear, the store looks smallish and really GOD AWFUL!  nonetheless, i am really loving the brochure rendering....

23.png

^^^ i am not sure as to why it's not allowing me to place the entire SIMON GALLERIA PROPERTY brochure rendering.  however, trust me, it is simply a gorgeous more houston like store illustration!

Edited by monarch
  • Like 2

...And nothing says "Luxury Wing" like a LEGOLAND. Guess the "Jewel Box" was all full up.

Yes, and the "Shake Shack" hamburger stand seems very luxurious as well.  I only hope they keep the riff-raff out.

In the Saks rendering, is the porte-cochere on Westheimer side?  I'm having a hard time orienting it.

The galleria, for me personally, is already far too big. It's a congested, crowded, maze of consumerism. I tragically hate going there now and avoid it at all costs in favor of stores I can more easily approach. Further expansion of the galleria will be terrific for many, many people. For me, it will be worse.

• Like 1

The galleria, for me personally, is already far too big. It's a congested, crowded, maze of consumerism. I tragically hate going there now and avoid it at all costs in favor of stores I can more easily approach. Further expansion of the galleria will be terrific for many, many people. For me, it will be worse.

So you're saying the Galleria is truly "utterly urban"?... :)

Ah man this joke fell flat when I realized you meant the mall specifically. Oh well

Edited by BigFootsSocks
  • Like 1

Competition is healthy. I for one am excited if Lego Land is for real. It amazes me at the toys kids have now. Not fair. I'm not afraid to admit I have the space needle. That is neatly hidden in my office.

Anyways, isn't the luxury wing close to Neiman Marcus? Or are they talking about the present saks location? It's kind of weird they have the stores so spread out. And Nordstrom off in the hipster ("alternative"), wing.

Competition is healthy. I for one am excited if Lego Land is for real. It amazes me at the toys kids have now. Not fair. I'm not afraid to admit I have the space needle. That is neatly hidden in my office.

Anyways, isn't the luxury wing close to Neiman Marcus? Or are they talking about the present saks location? It's kind of weird they have the stores so spread out. And Nordstrom off in the hipster ("alternative"), wing.

What's the difference between Lego Land and the Lego store already there? Last fall I built a kick ass lego sword that sorta looked like a Minecraft version of the Adventure Time Leaf Sword for Ren Fest. It was awesome. And painful to carry. And super badass.

If Houston gets a Shake Shack that would be very nice!   Oliver McMillian who is developing River Oaks District has a Shake Shack in their almost identical upscale Buckhead Atlanta development and it is a popular place.  I really like their menu selection.

Edited by uscats35