Sign in to follow this  
largeTEXAS

West Ave - Kirby @ Westheimer - Retail and residential complex

Triton    8661

Went by West Ave the other night. Seems like they have a lot more retail there but not many people living in the residential area. Anyone know how well West Avenue is doing lease wise?

Triton    8661

West ave is like 95% leased and have already increased rents across the board.

Really? I guess I just went by when people weren't home...

ArchFan    245

I know the architect for Phase 2 is Ziegler Cooper.  Seems to have a bit of a different look from Phase 1.  Does anyone know who designed Phase 1?

TowerSpotter    1037

Will this one have retail at the bottom? The renderings for this show no retail, but maybe it will?

Edited by TowerSpotter

KinkaidAlum    2057

Wow, phase III is huge and looks to include the Becks Prime, Rug Shop in the two story house, and that apartment community the occupies both side of the side street between Kirby and Virginia St. I can't tell how far West it stretches, but it looks like it might gobble up that little Christian community playhouse too.

no1racer    5

I think he is referring to the AD Players Theater on Alabama.

There had been a sign way back stating that they would be building and relocating to Westheimer in front of the Spectra Energy (old Duke Energy) building. Not sure if that's expected to come to fruition.

-no1racer

cloud713    3536

I can't find the "coming soon, stay tuned" pictures.. Only the coming fall 2013, indicating the phase 2 apartments (I guess they opened already?). Hopefully phase 3 is coming soon as indicated by your second picture.

BaderJF    514

They opened a while ago, however you can see all the empty apartments when you drive by, it would be hard to fill all of them do to the price and much better deals near by

• Like 1

BaderJF    514

They opened a while ago, however you can see all the empty apartments when you drive by, it would be hard to fill all of them do to the price and much better deals near by

Wrong apartments, thought it was gables Tanglewood

jt16    132

I always thought that was so everyone involved knew what the final result was supposed to look like so one guys not finishing out different than the plan

• Like 1