Ch. 13 Eyewitness News at 3:00 PM debuts September 10th

Blue Dogs

Utterly indifferent to having an additional hour of rehashing the same news. They currently don't provide enough content to justify the 1 1/2 hours between 4-5:30pm.
Concerned that 13 will move "Jeopardy!" to an inconvenient time.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:58 AM, HoustonMidtown said:

It's only 1/2 hour though - still have Inside Edition between it and the news at 4:00

Let's see how it goes, so far getting off to a good start. Big question is how long before we see other Houston TV Stations trying something similar ?

I think they'd be better off going back to showing "The Three o'Clock Million Dollar Movie" like they used to long ago. When did they stop doing that, by the way? I remember it being there pretty much all of my childhood, and even into high school I'd check to see if there was a good movie on when I got home from school. Then moved away for college in 1994, and since I've been back, I'm never watching TV at 3:00 on a weekday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv2APOc9Qbw

I'll add my agreement that a local TV station putting in an extra local news broadcast in their schedule seems kinda ignorant of how people are getting their news these days.

Archived