Roula And Ryan Show Dropped On 96.5

LarryDallas

I think he just wanted to bring the lemon-nipple avatar back into the public consciousness.

And, just to stay sort of on topic, morning radio in Houston sucks. Period. There are no good morning radio stations except for NPR. Feel free to bash my head in over that, but it's the truth. :P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Malone was great with Maria, but he's just not the same without her. Not very funny. But then again, his new co-host doesn't help at all. She's sweet, but horrible.

"Mickey Boo" (I can't believe I said that) Michele Fisher is a soccer mom. She won't say sex, instead says "cooking". Natalie ain't much better.

For the most part, KHMX's morning show is much less talk, which is annoying if you just want to listen to people dicuss topical issues.

They break for commercial WAY more than KRBE, and play 2 songs in a row, versus 1 on KRBE.

I think he just wanted to bring the lemon-nipple avatar back into the public consciousness.

And, just to stay sort of on topic, morning radio in Houston sucks. Period. There are no good morning radio stations except for NPR. Feel free to bash my head in over that, but it's the truth. :P

Eh, that's probably true. But I only switch back and forth between Mix and 104, so I can't really say. For sports, I switch back and forth between 1560 and 610, depending on their topics.

If you wanna hear something fresh and funny, listen to 1560 am between 12 and 2. Hilarious. They only talk sports about 2% of the time. The host is Ken Hoffman who writes for the Chronicle. He truly is "the most interesting man in the world."

p.s. How about Puma topping a 3 year old thread! :)

I did not want to start a new thread. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, topics the HAIF way.

Well Roula and Ryan was off the air (They suck too), doing some "Morning Show boot camp". Likely they are having issues and they need to work on them.

So I was stuck with KHMX as I was too lazy to fiddle with the iPod this morning. As I was pulling into work this morning, Creed was on the radio. . . again. I don't mind "the" Creed once in a while, but Sam Malone is obsessed with them. Let Creed die already man! So sick of it.

Just noticed, HA, what a nice coincidence! :lol:

Stupid question, what channel is NPR on the AM, or is it FM?

He's even less entertaining when he can't talk about "The Bachelor" and "Temptation Island".

OMG, I remember that lame "Bachelor Talk" he does the day after the show, no one watches that show anymore Sam.

Haha! The Creed madness DOES need to go!

The Roula and Ryan show reminds me of that Jimmy Fallon morning dj skit - the "Z-105" one, where he plays 100 sound effects in a row that a 10 year old would find amusing. It's on the Best of Jimmy Fallon dvd.

The Roula and Ryan show reminds me of that Jimmy Fallon morning dj skit - the "Z-105" one, where he plays 100 sound effects in a row that a 10 year old would find amusing. It's on the Best of Jimmy Fallon dvd.

Ryan uses his sound box way too much, those stupid South Park, Family Guy etc. sound bytes are only funny on the shows they come from, and just plain stupid on the morning show.

It's like he does it to be funny when a caller is talking about something serious, and then when Roula and Eric don't laugh because of it, it makes it all worth it.

Ryan is so early 90's, it's sad. Does he still frost his hair?

You do have another option on Friday mornings: "Listening Back with Myron Anderson" on KTSU. Great way to start a Friday.

"Listening Back" is in a tight race with the "Blues and Hi-Fi" show on KTRU (Wednesday nights) for the best radio show in Houston, in my opinion.

I miss Oldies 94.5 (now Oldies 107.5). When I was growing they'd always play great '60s music. Now it's mostly late '70s rock, which I like, but there's no other station for '50s, '60s and early '70s anymore.

Just wanted to vent after listening to "Cherry Hill Park" on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEzut5kGg4k

I miss Oldies 94.5 (now Oldies 107.5). When I was growing they'd always play great '60s music. Now it's mostly late '70s rock, which I like, but there's no other station for '50s, '60s and early '70s anymore.

Just wanted to vent after listening to "Cherry Hill Park" on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEzut5kGg4k

I agree. I started listening to the oldies on 94.5 around 1996 or so in high school. Those songs you don't hear anywhere but internet radio.

Whatever Clear Channel touches turns to garbage. When the Afghanistan and Iraq wars were started they pulled all of the anti-war Vietnam era songs from the playlist. First of all they have no business forcing their politics on the listeners and secondly a majority of the people think "who'll stop the rain" is just about a rainy day and some weatherman named Bobby.

You do have another option on Friday mornings: "Listening Back with Myron Anderson" on KTSU. Great way to start a Friday.

"Listening Back" is in a tight race with the "Blues and Hi-Fi" show on KTRU (Wednesday nights) for the best radio show in Houston, in my opinion.

Yes, yes yes! I love those shows.

Also the funk show on KTRU on Thursday nights.

Pass the peas!

Archived