La Luz Del Mundo Houston Central Church At 8312 Eastex Fwy.

Hunter

• 5 months later...

Not sure how many of you drive the Eastex freeway, but I do on a regular basis out to IAH. I have been watching the SLOW progress of a massive Parthenon-style church being built just outside the loop. They have recently picked up speed on it, and I'm curious as to the opinions of my fellow HAIF members. At the risk of being slammed :D , I actually think it's sort of attractive. But it's so out of place as to make me chuckle every time I drive by.

Anyone else seen it? The shiny gold dome is the icing on the cake!

I'll try to remember to take some pics next time I drive by, but if anyone else has them, please post!

Travelguy. I've passed by there today, and its huge! You know the reason why it was slow process? I've heard they building underground tunnels almost 100 feet below. It's going to have rooms, shelters underground. They said its for an escape from Armageddon.

Yeah, right! Like that's going to save you.

Travelguy. I've passed by there today, and its huge! You know the reason why it was slow process? I've heard they building underground tunnels almost 100 feet below. It's going to have rooms, shelters underground. They said its for an escape from Armageddon.

Armageddon? :o I thought the religious ones were supposed to go to heaven and be taken care of when that "happens." At any rate, I'll venture out to get a look. I enjoy the beauty of churches, etc.

I drive out the Eastex occassionally to/from IAH (usually take the Hardy) but also get up that way on trips home to see Mom and Dad. I've been watching this thing go up for several years, and it has been slow. You're right, they have recently sped up a lot on it.

Can't say I find it all that attractive, but to each his/her own.

Can't say I find it all that attractive, but to each his/her own.

Well, I slammed the Federal Reserve design and got crap for being too negative. So I thought I would lighten up and give positive feedback on the church to see if it got me any brownie points with the "everything that's new is beautiful" crowd, LOL. :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Not sure how many of you drive the Eastex freeway, but I do on a regular basis out to IAH. I have been watching the SLOW progress of a massive Parthenon-style church being built just outside the loop. They have recently picked up speed on it, and I'm curious as to the opinions of my fellow HAIF members. At the risk of being slammed :D , I actually think it's sort of attractive. But it's so out of place as to make me chuckle every time I drive by.

Anyone else seen it? The shiny gold dome is the icing on the cake!

I'll try to remember to take some pics next time I drive by, but if anyone else has them, please post!

Hey Im from La Luz del Mundo why do u think we are are out of place. Just askin.

Sorry, no pix. But, yeah--that thing has been under construction F-O-R-E-V-E-R. I used to work in Kingwood and drove past it twice a day.

Um... I don't share your appreciation for its architectural... er... merits?

Yea it was under construction F-O-R-E-V-E-R because we were busy tryin to raise funds. The whole project cost more than 20,000,000. Yea how about u try to raise 20 million dollars with just 500 people.

Edited by davidmd003

Yea get your facts straight first before you start saying stuff about someone. NO there is not tunnels 100 ft underground. Actually 200 ft under ground No I’m kidding. Its just a regular 1 floor basement and we do not know when Armageddon is going to come so why prepare for it and if does happen we go to heaven not stay here. We are not Jehovah Witnesses…. And next time don’t make up stuff about us Thank you. If you don’t believe me just drop by and see for yourself.

Edited by davidmd003

• 3 weeks later...

All of you are incorrect, no, they are not building undergroud tunnels for armageddon, we all know that when Jesus comes for his church, this whole earth will be destroyed, nothing will be left, it took them a couple of years because the construction is being done by hand, no contractors, all members from the church. No underground tunnels, just offices as well as on the left and right of the church, your right it might not belong there but that is what makes it unique. That is what makes it stand out, this is an architectural sight, I thought all of you might have noticed that. If any of you have not visited the interior of the temple, I suggest you get off of the cars and walk in, it is the most beautiful temple in the Houston/Texas area, I have not seen anything like it with so much symbolisism. Anyquestions please email me at mendozagray@yahoo.com or check out there website it has many pictures there, http://www.lldmhouston.org/

• 4 months later...

This picture makes the place look like a huge, elaborate cake. The roof looks like squiggly icing.

$20,000,000 for only 500 people? Did I e-hear that right? Move over Joel Osteen. The competition is aqui.

10gzlhe.jpg

• 8 months later...
This picture makes the place look like a huge, elaborate cake. The roof looks like squiggly icing.

$20,000,000 for only 500 people? Did I e-hear that right? Move over Joel Osteen. The competition is aqui.

First of all, our church is not founded by any preacher, it was founded by Jesuschrist and we are the restoration of the primitive church, second, the church has capacity for 4,000 maybe more, and it did not cost $20,000,000. Not even close. Feel free to email whenever you would like at Mendozagray@yahoo.com, I would be more than delighted to answer your questions, any questions.

First of all, our church is not founded by any preacher, it was founded by Jesuschrist and we are the restoration of the primitive church, second, the church has capacity for 4,000 maybe more, and it did not cost $20,000,000. Not even close. Feel free to email whenever you would like at Mendozagray@yahoo.com, I would be more than delighted to answer your questions, any questions.

Why does your website not have an English version? I am offended that I cannot participate in your church due to my inability to speak Spanish.

-Michael

• 1 month later...
If you are offended with their website, it seems it would make more sense to take it up with them, instead of HAIF. :rolleyes:

True, Is it a coincidence that this structure resembles Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas?!

Coulda fooled me.

I would have made it a dinner/night club instead with all that lavish expense and design, heck yeah! Sadly its in a part of town that ...well, I won't go there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

wow, i just passed by this church the other day and it's pretty big!! everyone told me it could be seen off the freeway and that when i drove that way I wouldn't miss it....they were right!!

i was wondering out of curiousity is this a non denomonational church?? also i noticed someone posted that it too 500 ppl to raise the money for this church to be constructed, where was it's original location?

• 6 months later...
Is there any truth to the stories that the men sit on one side and the women on the other? I've heard it's a kookie kind of church, but I don't know for sure.

My question to you is, do you find this to be strange? I find your thoughts to be immature to be pinpointing something such as that. I guess you find this to be weird? Also, what do you mean by you heard, "it's a cookie kind of church", can you elaborate more into this. Maybe you are trying to say is not like yours, well, I can probably say the same about your church, but my comments will be fully biased.

best regards

Cisco

Is there any truth to the stories that the men sit on one side and the women on the other? I've heard it's a kookie kind of church, but I don't know for sure.

My question to you is, do you find this to be strange? I find your thoughts to be immature to be pinpointing something such as that. I guess you find this to be weird? Also, what do you mean by you heard, "it's a cookie kind of church", can you elaborate more into this. Maybe you are trying to say is not like yours, well, I can probably say the same about your church, but my comments will be fully biased.

best regards

Cisco

First off, I think most churches are kookie and the pastors that fleece the willing. Second, you never did answer my question, but got defensive about it.

That leads me to believe what I'd heard it true ... I gave the forum (and you) a QUESTION ... not a statement.

First off, I think most churches are kookie and the pastors that fleece the willing. Second, you never did answer my question, but got defensive about it.

That leads me to believe what I'd heard it true ... I gave the forum (and you) a QUESTION ... not a statement.

I guess now you really believe we are kookie kind of a church. For a group of believers who developed the concept, designed, and constructed a beautiful church like ours, it definitely makes us fit the profile. Also, to generalize the churches and pastors the way you did is very unwise and troubling. By the way, to answer your question, men do sit on one side and women on the other side of our church, which shows order and respect and it is nothing to be ashamed of or to make us appear to someone else to be unstable.

Cisco

I can see how you would feel it's 'troubling' but 'unwise'?

Why is there a religious hit squad or something that will come after me?

It is unwise for you to be expressing this way in a public forum which is a sort of religious intolerance, and it is troubling for me that there is people up there who expresses themselves this way, which I will qualify as a borderline kookier. It is not that someone is going to come out and get you, but rather that you might go and show your religious intolerance to other believers who do not believe like yourself.