Nude Beach?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been there once for Last Splash. Luckily me and my friends rented a house boat and anchored off the side. It was a good camping trip. From the sites on Hippie Hollow your rite.

There were some good looking people out there, but they didn't get nude.

That beach is also a great place for fishing as well. Expecially if you enjoy surffishing. My buddy and I cought a few really nice cats, 3 reds and some specks a few weeks ago. The isolation of the beach is real nice and the nude folks are generaly friendly. Occasionally you will meet some trouble makers but not very often.

I do reccommend that you use a 4 wheel drive or high profile vehicle to get out there. Thanks to Rita and Katrina the raod is still pretty torn up and will probably be so for a little longer.

The best way to get there in my opinion is to take I-10 east to winnie and then hwy 124 down to Hign Island. Turn east when you reach the end of the road and go around the barricades. Becareful because the road can get pretty rough in places so drive slowly and carefully.

I've been there once for Last Splash. Luckily me and my friends rented a house boat and anchored off the side. It was a good camping trip. From the sites on Hippie Hollow your rite.

There were some good looking people out there, but they didn't get nude.

Yeah, the goodlooking people, DON'T get NUDE at Hippie Hollow, it is always the overweight, 45 to 55 yr. old MEN, laying out on the inflatable pool floats. DISGUSTING ! I was blind in one eye for like 3 days, after witnessing just such a spectacle. B)

The best way to get there in my opinion is to take I-10 east to winnie and then hwy 124 down to Hign Island. Turn east when you reach the end of the road and go around the barricades. Becareful because the road can get pretty rough in places so drive slowly and carefully.

Maybe 8-10 years ago, my then teenage cousin got stuck out there (going with a bunch of his buds to check out nekkid people!) and messed up his transmission. He had to call his dad, who called a wrecker, and they paid out the wazoo to get it towed back to Houston.

The road was bad then and I don't think they have improved it or are planning to. Each hurricane that comes through makes it worse.

I once heard some of the people out at the Hiogh Island beach saying that there was one near Corpus Christi but they were not very sure.

TJones: The same crowd hangs out at the High Island beach as well. I have seen a few younger couples out there and families but not many. The majority of the peopel are in their late 40's and up. My buddies and I saw a number of people out there that should have stayed in their clothes. Bu tthe vast majority of them are very friendly and very polite and we have never had any problems with anyone messing with our lines at all. Not like at Crystal beach or any of the Galveston and Freeport beaches.

Gnu: The parks department has been doing a pretty good job of keeping the road graded to a pretty far distance. there are a few Oil companies that still have some interests back there so they pay to keep the road semi graded but you will have to go real real slow and I still recommend a High profile vehicle or even an ATV to get to the best fishing spots.

And just a warning everyone there are a number of spots where there is still not reception for cell phones so becareful if you are worried about that. If you get stuck you will have a very long hike to the nearest spot for cell service and the local TOW company will charge a HEAVY price to come and get your car out.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
is there a nude beach off the Texas coast that is not near High Island and Galveston? Is there a nude beach near Bay City? Mustang Island? Somewhere that can be reached without a 4x4?

Truth be told, there are no official nude beaches anywhere in the State. Beaches are all public lands, and I think that nudity laws are generally left up to the Counties and Municipalities, but that they're usually pretty conservative about that kind of thing. The only thing is that some beaches are more accessible than others, so to an extent, there is selective or no enforcement.

While driving on the beach along Follett's Island, just south of San Luis Pass, I happened upon some nudist sunbathers...of all things, cute young females. They didn't even bat an eye at me as I passed by. My parents have journeyed as part of a baby boomer caravan to the far northern reaches of South Padre, where a gaggle of fat old lesbian biker chicks got drunk and naked. No enforcement out that way, and so it goes. I would imagine that such things are probably fairly common on Matagorda Island and the remote parts of North Padre Island.

I just can't seem to block out the thought of a crab snipping at a person as they wade (bob) in the water. :blink:

Even worse, if a jelly fish's tentacles touch's the old tallywacker. Not only would a guy be in the most excruciating pain ever but the hospital staff would be having to hold in the laughter of a red hot....

(door knob) shall we say.

Texas beaches and buck nakedness are just not a good combination.

Then theres the sand riding up...ok I'm done :lol:

I thought Texas was too "conservative" for nude beaches. LOL!!!!!

I think I read, or heard somewhere, that a lot of the nude beaches in this country are actually on federal land. Not sure how true it is, but it was surprising when I heard that. Thought the US government was a bit too conservative for that too?

• 10 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, Danvango said:

Wow , and I thought the water was shallow.

some People like to go for a complete tan .

some People of all walks of life like to tan nude

different ages , 

different colors (oh my !)

Ha!

To each his own, but naked people are not going to stop being funny.

On a related note (and a slightly less random bump), scanning through Google Maps, I happened upon what was labeled as a "resort" in Porter. You know that there must be something a bit out of the ordinary to something surrounded by trailer parks and the prototypically "low income" Walmart that would attempt to invoke images of luxurious leisure.

Emerald Lake Resort. Look it up, if you're in to that sort of thing...

Archived