McIntyre’s Restaurant At 901 Commerce St.

j_cuevas713

1 hour ago, cspwal said:

I'm glad that it's going to be renovated instead of demolished, but how will this survive the next big flood?

Turn it into an indoor dog park and clean it up every year?

I think what I'm most happy about is the fact that this building will get some much needed TLC. It seemed like Spaghetti Warehouse didn't do much to maintain the exterior of the building. I expect something very nice to compliment the Sunset Coffee building. Now let's save the Kirby House! 

• The title was changed to 901 Commerce - Spaghetti Warehouse/Desel-Boettcherpurchased for renovation
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:05 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Elevation renders of the bar proposal for the Desel-Boettcher Building at 901 Commerce in Houston (the former Spaghetti Warehouse). The renderings are from HAHC documents linked above.

South elevation
DwHGkWk.png

North elevation

oNTm033.pngoNTm033r.png

West elevation
Xprnf4Q.png

East elevation
35CMqPh.png

This actually looks kinda cool with the open air concept (if I'm seeing that correctly). As long as they can keep the skeeters out, might be a good place to while away an afternoon.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Huh. I took my daughter here two-three (maybe four?) years ago, for old times' sake for me, and because I thought she'd like the ghost stories. Interior was just as cool as I remembered it, food was a lot worse than I remember, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, especially since the late 90s revitalization of downtown and all the much better dining options. My nostalgia aside, it's probably for the best that building is going to be put to a better use.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

New Spaghetti Warehouse concept in Houston sets opening date 

Spaghetti Warehouse Restaurants Inc. will open a new concept dubbed Warehouse 72 at the Marq'E Entertainment Center.

laura-gillespie-1*90xx1000-1333-0-0.png
By Laura Gillespie  – Reporter, Houston Business Journal 
6 hours ago

After months of anticipation and pushed back dates, Warehouse 72, a new iteration of the iconic Spaghetti Warehouse brand, appears to have an opening date.

The restaurant originally planned to open in fall 2018, then the first quarter of 2019. Now, the date is set for July 22, according to Warehouse 72's website.  

The Houston location of Dallas-based Spaghetti Warehouse closed in 2017 after the location at 901 Commerce St. was severely damaged due to floods from Hurricane Harvey. The new concept, first announced in August 2018, will open in the Marq*E Entertainment Center at 7620 Katy Freeway, suite 305, near Dave & Buster’s and between the Soccer Hub training center and Class 502 Rolling Ice Cream shop.

The name Warehouse 72 is a nod to the year 1972, when Spaghetti Warehouse first opened in Dallas, per a press release. The chain expects to open three more stores in Dallas, Fort Worth and San Antonio in two years, Spaghetti Warehouse CEO Mike Kim said in 2018. 

“Because of what happened — the unfortunate tragedy of what happened with regard to our location here in Houston — we figured why not have Houston as the first location for our new concept," Kim told the Houston Business Journal at the time. "It's the first of many to come.”

The new location will be in an 8,650-square-foot space that formerly housed a sushi restaurant. It will include a 740-square-foot patio, a private dining room for events and a retail component selling grab-and-go food and other items, such as spaghetti sauce. The company expected to hire about 150 employees for the new location, Kim said last year. As of August, the chain employed about 1,000 people across its eight Spaghetti Warehouse locations in Texas, Ohio and New York.

The total build-out cost for the new restaurant were expected to be between $2.5 million and $2 million, Kim said in 2018. Spaghetti Warehouse is owned by California-based BLD Brands LLC, a private restaurant investment and operations company that also owns several franchises of Papa Johns and Hardee's, per its website.

Spaghetti Warehouse and BLD Brands did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

• Like 2

I agree with Crock on this one. Sure, it's the former site of the Spaghetti Warehouse, but it's transforming into a completely new concept.

The actual Spaghetti Warehouse (Warehouse 72), is outside the 610 loop. It's good info to know, but it doesn't make much sense to include that information on a thread for a restoration.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Except this IS NOT the Spaghetti Warehouse. That closed in Houston at this location that's being discussed here on the building.

What that article is about is a DIFFERENT RESTAURANT ALTOGETHER that's a DIFFERENT CONCEPT. They are NOT one in the same. This is made clear as day in articles from CultureMap and Chronicle. It's why the post about that different concept was posted in the THREAD IT'S SUPPOSED TO GO: the Marque thread.

The thread needs to stick to 901 Commerce, the Desel-Boettcher building and how it's being renovated.

Quit shouting. Subdude was a conscientious objector.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3