Adam Clanton OUT at KBME AM 790: more chaos!

Blue Dogs

Adam Clanton, the IHeartRadio SportsTalk 790 KBME AM Houston Afternoon Host, is no longer with the station according to several sources & get this: Morning Show Host Josh Innes has been suspended for the entire week following bitter dispute between the hosts. Clanton & Innes were previously working at KILT AM Sports Radio 610 Houston as well. Here's the latest on Clanton's exit & the craziness that took place:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/176299/adam-clanton-exits-kbme-sportstalk-790-houston

https://www.chron.com/sports/article/Adam-Clanton-out-at-KBME-AM-790-12876032.php

Like to know your personal thoughts on Clanton's exit & Innes' suspension:

A.) Love It

B.) Not Shocked

C.) TBD

B, he would go on irrelevant rants about Twitter that nobody but himself cared about. Houston sports radio is getting worse every day hard to stay tuned in I usually listen to NPR because of the endless commercials on all the sport talk stations.

I only listen to 790 when I'm listening to Astros games through the app, and I think they are having a lot of trouble selling ad inventory.  Last night's game had maybe one ad between each inning, and the rest of the time was filled with "highlights from MLB history" 

6 hours ago, cspwal said:

I only listen to 790 when I'm listening to Astros games through the app, and I think they are having a lot of trouble selling ad inventory.  Last night's game had maybe one ad between each inning, and the rest of the time was filled with "highlights from MLB history" 

If you're listening through the MLB app (which you must be as 790 doesn't have online streaming rights) that has nothing to do with 790.  Now why the Astros don't sell advertising, I'm not sure.  (Astros announcers work for the Astros, not 790.)

• 1 month later...
On 5/9/2018 at 10:23 AM, mattyt36 said:

I still don't understand what happened . . . doesn't Matt Thomas work for the Rockets as well?  Or Clanton got fired because he wouldn't say anything negative about the Rockets?

Now Clanton works part-time for KILT-AM Sports Radio 610.

Archived