Sovereign At The Ballpark: Multifamily At 100 Crawford St.

LBC2HTX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Anyone else thinks this one is moving pretty slowly? It’s the same developer as Dolce Midtown so I wouldn’t be surprised if this takes 5 years to finish.

Seems to me like the start always takes a looooong time when subterranean levels are involved.  That said, your second sentence speaks volumes.  It may progress at a snail’s pace from start to finish.  We’ll know quickly once they Get above-ground.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Thomas Ratliff said:

So mattyt36, I don't understand.....Dolce? What happened?

Dolce Living was a traveshamockery of a project, a 6 or so story residential midrise on West Gray with no ground floor retail that didn't look quite right architecturally (sort of like Regalia) but came along around 2014 when standards were a bit lower around here than they are now, got about 2/3 of the way built and then mysterious was halted with all the gypsum board up and left to rot where it now stands hulking over West Gray like a giant dead cow, breathing its vibes of failure over the area.

Edit: It actually has made some glacial progress over the past 3 years or so since Miss Havisham's clock struck 8:40 AM.

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you for the disturbing news H-Town Man. This was an ugly abandoned insulation warehouse for years. When they first begin addressing the building they were doing things backward. I know someone lost  $tens of thousands before they even started demolition. It was like they were first attempting to renovate. Anyway, in my professional opinion, there are not enough columns to support a structure of that size.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

It is great infill and as Naviguessor stated, it helps add downtown residents. Not to mention, it's way better than a surface lot. Is it the best, no. But it's is much better than what is in this part of downtown. I hope it gets back underway. I am sure it will. Just going to take 5-7 years to finish.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who lives at City View Lofts I am glad it will not be a high-rise! My view of the city is perfect. 

My question for you smart architect-types: the crane has rotated when storms with high winds have blown through. Is that normal? 

Also, I can report it has been weeks since anyone has been on the project. 

image.jpg

Edited by RecoveryRadio
Typo
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, RecoveryRadio said:

As someone who lives at City View Lofts I am glad it will not be a high-rise! My view of the city is perfect. 

My question for you smart architect-types: the crane has rotated when storms with high winds have blown through. Is that normal? 

image.jpg

Thanks for the update! As for the crane question, yes that is normal and is called weather-vaning.  It allows the stress that the wind puts on crane to pass by with a lot less resistance than if it were to be static.  Path of least resistance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

Thanks for the update! As for the crane question, yes that is normal and is called weather-vaning.  It allows the stress that the wind puts on crane to pass by with a lot less resistance than if it were to be static.  Path of least resistance.

I think that was why the crane in Dallas blew over a couple weeks ago. It was locked in place and unable to rotate when the high winds hit.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RecoveryRadio said:

image.jpg

This one seems to have had problems from the very beginning of construction. My guess (only a guess from inferring actions taken thus far) is that this is going through some kind of contractor issue. When you see a site go dead, that is usually the cause. I wouldn't be surprised if this stays dead for a little longer the client will just rebid and go forward with another contractor. You might get holdups like this for when there are changes to the design, but this is getting a bit ridiculous, so I'm assuming the former than the latter.

• Like 1