Centre At Post Oak Shopping Center At 5000 Westheimer Rd.

To anyone who has lunched at Grand Lux in the Galleria area, I have a couple of questions. How well-lit is the resturant at lunchtime, and do you remember what is the price range of the lunch menu (if they have one)? I've looked at the website, but the online menu doesn't show any prices. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

It's very similar to, and is owned by, The Cheesecake Factory.  Ambiance and lighting (on the dark side) are similar.  Food is a standard assortment.  They used to have enormous chocolate cream puffs, but those have been gone for several years now.  That was the only thing that made it stand out to me.

I was only there one time a few years ago so it wouldn't be fair to say Grand Lux sux. -_- I do remember the décor was a bit over the top. I don't remember the food and service being good or bad but I never felt compelled to return.

I was only there one time a few years ago so it wouldn't be fair to say Grand Lux sux. -_- I do remember the décor was a bit over the top. I don't remember the food and service being good or bad but I never felt compelled to return.

haha you know why Grand Lux was created right? The Venetian in Las Vegas wanted to open with a Cheesecake Factory but CF thought they needed to create a new restaurant to match the glitz and glamor of Vegas, so GL was born! haha!

YES it is indeed over the top but i do like going there...although to be honest its more out of convenience too since my townhouse is directly behind it! haha! (but always good service and love sitting at the bar for usually no wait and quick service especially) 

• 1 year later...

I know in Los Angeles, a similar concept called Ice Cream Lab did the same thing, and there are numerous other clones.

Liquid nitrogen is fun, you can shrink balloons (by turning the air inside to liquid), shatter rubber balls, and do all sorts of other fun stuff. Too bad it's hard to acquire, though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IronTiger said:

Liquid nitrogen is fun, you can shrink balloons (by turning the air inside to liquid), shatter rubber balls, and do all sorts of other fun stuff. Too bad it's hard to acquire, though.

This used to be a popular party trick among science grad students who had ready access to LN2 - the title is a misnomer as you do have to be careful not to inhale or swallow.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Snooze is definitely my current favorite breakfast place...and while the lines/wait can be a bummer, maybe by opening more the wait will be less ;) ....either way, i am stoked to possibly be getting one of these 1 block from my condo and 2 blocks from my work!!! 

https://houston.eater.com/2018/2/19/17026724/snooze-am-eatery-houston-galleria-opening

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

IT IS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just rode my bike past there last night...the whole inside is being demolished and there is a building permit posted on the front door stating Snooze and A.M. eatery is the occupant!!! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/07-31-18-snooze-am-eatery-brunch-restaurant-galleria-location-centre-on-post-oak-2019/#slide=0

Snooze: An AM Eatery, the rapidly expanding, Denver-based restaurant that serves brunch every day, has confirmed it will replace Arcodoro in the Centre at Post Oak shopping center at 5000 Westheimer Rd. Slated to open in early 2019, the Galleria location will be the Houston-area’s sixth Snooze, joining Montrose, Katy, Town & Country, The Heights, and one that’s still under construction in Webster. At 3,700 square feet, the Galleria location will be about average for a Snooze, but a 48-seat, dog-friendly patio will set the new location apart from its siblings."

now i just need to go out and adopt a puppy :)

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

https://snoozeeatery.com/tx-menu/

I'd buy these three things! :lol:

Huevos Rancheros
Corn or flour tortillas layered with black beans, jack cheese, ranchero sauce, three eggs any style, and pico de gallo.
(Imagine it topped with veggies and/or meats!)

Sunburst Cakes
Our buttermilk lemon poppyseed batter topped with homemade lemon anglaise, macerated blackberries, citrus mascarpone and toasted almonds.

French Toast Neat
For the purist, French toasted brioche completed with whipped mascarpone cream, seasonal fruit and Slopeside pure Vermont maple syrup.

• 3 months later...

I go early so never a wait really...and that is the best part about more of these opening up....the wait will be less as each new one opens hopefully!

But yes go early or go before they close and the wait is hardly ever bad even at the craziness that is the montrose location!

• The title was changed to Centre at Post Oak
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Centre At Post Oak Developments
  • 1 year later...
On 11/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Planned $150 million density here. Maybe a multifamily highrise?

https://s25.q4cdn.com/658894972/files/doc_presentations/2020/11/3Q20-Roadshow-(Nareit).pdf

rRV2Uff.jpg

qwSen75.png

On 11/23/2020 at 10:02 AM, gene said:

hmmmm interesting...i wonder how exactly...

like build above it all or is the old Ethan Allen building still part of Centre at Post Oak so maybe just knock that down etc?

looking forward to see how this develops 

Shop Companies has a few details regarding possible updates to the Centre at Post Oak. The shopping center is located across the street from the Galleria at 5000 Westheimer Rd.

From the Centre at Post Oak listing on Shop Companies website:

• SHOP Companies has been retained by KIMCO to lead the remerchandising efforts at Centre at Post Oak. Located at arguably the most prominent intersection for retail in Houston at Westheimer and Post Oak, we recognize the opportunity to elevate the consumer experience through updated signage, landscaping, and a thoughtful approach to leasing. The Centre at Post Oak sits directly across from the Houston Galleria - the 4th largest mall in the nation - and offers a huge daytime population coupled with some of the best demographics in Houston.

https://shopcompanies.com/properties/centre-post-oak

https://shopcompanies.com/properties/pdf/centre-post-oak

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Centre At Post Oak Shopping Center At 5000 Westheimer Rd.
  • 4 months later...

According to a press release, Arhaus will soon close its storefront at Centre at Post Oak. 

The "artisan crafted furniture store" opened in the Galleria area shopping center in 2013. It's located in the former Barnes & Noble space at 5000 Westheimer Rd, Suite 100.

Arhaus is relocating to Post Oak Plaza. It will occupy Meredith O'Donnell Fine Furniture's former unit at 1751 Post Oak Blvd.

https://shoppingcenterbusiness.com/levcor-completes-renovations-adds-three-tenants-to-post-oak-plaza-in-houston/

• Like 1