Muddy Sidewalks In Midtown

So me and a friend of mine walked from our job to Buffalo Wild Wings the other day and there were so many sidewalks in very poor condition filled with mud and trash. I contacted the MMD and all they did was refer me to 311. But how does the district overlook things like this? It's pretty damn obvious when a sidewalk could use a quick cleaning. 

22 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

So me and a friend of mine walked from our job to Buffalo Wild Wings the other day and there were so many sidewalks in very poor condition filled with mud and trash. I contacted the MMD and all they did was refer me to 311. But how does the district overlook things like this? It's pretty damn obvious when a sidewalk could use a quick cleaning. 

I've had great results with 311 when taking pictures, just takes a while. Although I wouldn't expect much for trash and bad sidewalks.

3 hours ago, kbates2 said:

I have horrible success with 311.  They usually just close the ticket on me with nothing done.  

Yeah they tend to close out tickets before resolving issues.   Most of mine are illegal dumping and graffiti related.

On 2/14/2018 at 5:26 PM, kbates2 said:

I have horrible success with 311.  They usually just close the ticket on me with nothing done.  

Make note, they have another system for certain items. So sometimes they will close the 311  issue pretty quick, but put into comments "Closed, refer to CR ##########", with a bunch of numbers. Thats basically the work order #. 

http://mycity.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=cb3c94a31dfa489f9a8872ffe04cda25

You can typically find the number here, wherein you'll be able to track the progress of your particular item. Theres typically comments, etc on it. I'm kind of a dork about reporting poor road conditions in my neighborhood, and 90 percent of my 311 reports get closed within a day, but are on the city map for 2-3 weeks before theyre addressed. 

• 2 months later...

I've reported the same issue 3 times now. It seems like some of the people in the MMD are clueless as to what their own neighborhood looks like. I had to explain in great detail the sidewalk I was referring to and they were still confused about what I was talking about. Idk what's so hard about noticing a muddy path or maybe it's that they don't see an issue with it. 

Archived