Houston Aerials

brijonmang

Hey everyone, hope you've all had a good Thanksgiving and year.  Thought I'd share this video I put together recently of different shots around town taken by drone.  I figured if any community would enjoy them it would be HAIF.  Let me know what areas you'd like to see in the future as I plan on making this into an ongoing series!

Bryan

54 minutes ago, TowerSpotter said:

I have never seen so many angles of Houston in a single video, well done.

Thank you! I plan on getting a lot more with more flattering light in the coming months to compile more...maybe one final compilation after a few installments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 9:41 PM, IronTiger said:

Nice! Though I did feel like too many of the shots felt a bit overedited in ways, like the saturation was turned up beyond what was seen in reality.

Thank you! I did edit the colors from what the camera recorded as it films in a log format that has very flat colors and did try to enhance them some but tried to stay in a somewhat realistic window.  I appreciate the feedback and will continue working on that in future videos!

12 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Thank you! I did edit the colors from what the camera recorded as it films in a log format that has very flat colors and did try to enhance them some but tried to stay in a somewhat realistic window.  I appreciate the feedback and will continue working on that in future videos!

Comparing shots of 2:13 and 2:47 (which show the differences I noted), I think the problem is that especially clouds or other moisture in the air will tend to wash out natural color but there's not a realistic way of adding back color and brightness without making it look like pre-release footage of SimCity 7.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very nice. If you ever get a chance to shoot from the east 610 loop area over the ship channel you can see how expansive our skyline looks especially right before sunset. I have tried taking a pick while driving but have not been able to successfully.

• 1 month later...
On 1/16/2018 at 7:30 AM, corbs315 said:

This is great! Btw I accidentally watched it while listening to "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" (thanks NME's "50 most explosive choruses" playlist) and 100% would recommend.

Haha that was great, thank you for the recommendation!

Hi Bryan,

I'm new to the forum and was looking at some earlier posts you have regarding covered patio construction costs and wanted to know if you have any contacts I could call to get an estimate.   (I maybe could have posted in a different category but new to the forum and interface and just had a quick question so just posted it here for expediancy)  Thanks!

2 hours ago, JP624 said:

Hi Bryan,

I'm new to the forum and was looking at some earlier posts you have regarding covered patio construction costs and wanted to know if you have any contacts I could call to get an estimate.   (I maybe could have posted in a different category but new to the forum and interface and just had a quick question so just posted it here for expediancy)  Thanks!

Hi JP,  I have a couple contacts I can refer to you.  I will send you a direct message shortly so check your messages in case the alert doesn't pop up.

31 minutes ago, jrd said:

Another great video (I especially liked the nighttime scenes), and I enjoyed your choice of music.

Thank you! I had a lot of people asking for some night time shots so I made more of an effort to get some the last few months.  It's a little harder getting focus and keeping grain down  because you have to crank the ISO so high, but still not a bad low light camera. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/31/2017 at 10:43 AM, IronTiger said:

Comparing shots of 2:13 and 2:47 (which show the differences I noted), I think the problem is that especially clouds or other moisture in the air will tend to wash out natural color but there's not a realistic way of adding back color and brightness without making it look like pre-release footage of SimCity 7.

Your a nit picker, can't say anything nice about this persons work. I for one am very impressed with this guy's work. I would like to see one that starts in River Oaks and flies south down Kirby all the way to S. Main St., then head out toward the old South Main Drive In. That was on the corner of Stella Link and Main.

5 hours ago, brijonmang said:

Took me a while to get my stuff together but I have a new version of the Houston Aerials series! All of these videos are from the last 10 months or so.

Cool shots. Watched without sound and in my head I kept wanting to insert a "trailer voice" into it. "In a world". These would make some great establishing shots in a film.

Archived