Pitch 25 At 904 Hutchins St.

52 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

It will be even better after the TXDOT expansion, if we cap the freeway with a park (and I think we will).

Absolutely. Long term, and near-term this will be a fantastic entertainment district - it's the mid-term that will probably kill a few businesses during the construction process.

• The title was changed to Pitch 25 at 904 Hutchins
  • 1 month later...

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/126417-pitch-25-surpasses-minimum-gooaalll-houston-soccer-bar-restaurant-nextseed/

"To date, the minimum goal has been surpassed with over $419,300 raised since November… with next $550,000 goal in sight. Capital raised will be allocated to the construction and build-out of the 904 Hutchins Street space while additional funds will be allocated to marketing and working capital required for operations."

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Lucky's is the trailer trash next door. Under the right lighting and with enough drinks it looks good. But if you step in there sober and in daylight, its got an aura of worn down sketchiness about it. Same thing with home plate across from minute maid. Chicken wire in a bathroom is typically a red flag for me. 

5 hours ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

Lucky's is the trailer trash next door. Under the right lighting and with enough drinks it looks good. But if you step in there sober and in daylight, its got an aura of worn down sketchiness about it. Same thing with home plate across from minute maid. Chicken wire in a bathroom is typically a red flag for me. 

Haha Home Plate is a great spot though. 

5 hours ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

Lol yeah it’s defiently nothing to look at but I’ve never had anything sketchy happen to me there.....I will say that their St Patrick’s day party can get kind of hood lol. But , they frequently go out of their way to always have some sort of event or watch party and it’s usually well attended. I want to see where the dynamo fans end up gravitating to once it’s complete. 

On 4/19/2018 at 2:37 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Lol yeah it’s defiently nothing to look at but I’ve never had anything sketchy happen to me there.....I will say that their St Patrick’s day party can get kind of hood lol. But , they frequently go out of their way to always have some sort of event or watch party and it’s usually well attended. I want to see where the dynamo fans end up gravitating to once it’s complete. 

I had my credit card compromised at Lucky’s about three years ago while watching a USMNT game.

Someone apparently duplicated the magnetic strip to a blank card (while it was being held behind the bar) and started using the duplicated card the next day. Fortunately, Chase caught on and shut it down quickly.

I called and spoke with the manager the next day about it, but he didn’t seem too concerned. I try to avoid that place now (which is easy to do with Little Woodrow’s across the street). 

I never had any issues with Lucky's, but that location is from a different time. 

They were one of the first spots to move into the area and they spent an amount of money building out the interior that reflects the area at the time when it was opened.

They need to close the location for 3 months and completely redo the interior and exterior, but the problem is that people keep going no matter the appearance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived