Anyone Remember Tutto Bene?

What happened to this place? Tutto Bene was a cozy little Italian restaurant located on feagan (off of Shepherd). I liked going because the service was always friendly, the food always good and the atmosphere lent itself well to either dinner with the fam. or an outta the way place to take a date. (dimly lit - twinkling lights and candles, singers/musicians on the weekends)

Does anyone know why it closed or if they reopened elsewhere - maybe with a new name??

Man, I loved that place. It was exactly the kind of place that made living and eating out in the city superior to the endless chain restaurants that one is forced to endure in the suburbs. And, since it was hidden from the masses, one felt it was their own little secret place.

With the passing of Mr. Segari a few weeks ago as well, the West End has lost 2 of it's finest eateries. :(

from the chronicle, july 25, 2003:

After nearly 15 years, Tutto Bene is no longer tossing pasta. The restaurant at 4618 Feagan closed after a Saturday bash for its regulars.

"Owning a restaurant is not a very good way to make money," owner Andrew Rebori said. "On the other hand, owning the dirt turned me into a very successful real estate investor. I sold the land to a real estate developer."

The restaurant will be bulldozed to make room for town houses.

:(

• 1 month later...

Before Tutto Bene was at that location it was a great little mex joint called Cinco Robles. I miss that place.

What happened to this place? Tutto Bene was a cozy little Italian restaurant located on feagan (off of Shepherd). I liked going because the service was always friendly, the food always good and the atmosphere lent itself well to either dinner with the fam. or an outta the way place to take a date. (dimly lit - twinkling lights and candles, singers/musicians on the weekends)

Does anyone know why it closed or if they reopened elsewhere - maybe with a new name??

• 2 months later...

I was a huge fan of Tutto Bene. Last week I was delighted to discover that the chef/owner Andrew Rebori has a new restaurant called Just Dinner, at 2100 Waugh (near Rudyard's). It shares space with "Just Lunch & Catering".

It's a small, lovely place where you can bring your own wine. The pasta dishes offered are some of the old favorites from Tutto Bene, and there are many interesting and varied non-pasta choices too. The menu also states "please feel free to ask for anything you would like to have for dinner. Most likely, I can accommodate you." What a treat!

I only ate at Tutto Bene a couple of times, but I remember when it closed pretty clearly. A friend of mine was supposed to have her wedding recpetion there, had it all booked. A few months before her wedding, another friend called her and said she'd better pick up the Press. My friend found out her reception site was closing from an article in the Press and she had to contact the owner to confirm... <_<

• 4 weeks later...

Oh wow!!! So, I went to Cabo San Lucas a couple weeks ago and when I looked out the hotel window, there was this huge restaurant sign that said "Tutto Bene" and I kept asking my boyfriend - "Why do I know that name? Is he someone famous?"

It was driving me crazy!! And now, seeing this topic again, I realize it's because I'd read this post recently on HAIF!

Not sure if it's the same Tutto Bene, but now I know why it was so familiar!!

I was a huge fan of Tutto Bene. Last week I was delighted to discover that the chef/owner Andrew Rebori has a new restaurant called Just Dinner, at 2100 Waugh (near Rudyard's). It shares space with "Just Lunch & Catering".

It's a small, lovely place where you can bring your own wine. The pasta dishes offered are some of the old favorites from Tutto Bene, and there are many interesting and varied non-pasta choices too. The menu also states "please feel free to ask for anything you would like to have for dinner. Most likely, I can accommodate you." What a treat!

Thanks for the tip! Tutto Bene was an excellent neighborhood restaurant and the waitstaff were very friendly. The food was not bland like most Italian restaurants here. I remember they were the only restaurant that served Lasagne Amatraciana. If Mr. Rebori is still there, i'll have to return.

Archived