Office Building At 19 North York St.

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Houston food truck Victorian's Barbecue is moving to 19 N York St in the Second Ward.

At the new place, patrons are going to be able to watch meat get sliced on-demand behind a cafeteria-style serving area.

I like the idea that Victorian's will have a 'permanent' location on the East Side. There are several places to get good bar-b-que in the city but there is always room for another good one. No pun intended. I also think it is great Joey Victorian will be able to use pecan wood on the site for smoking meat and that there will be a shipping container bar.

I'm in a playful mood this Friday afternoon so I am also pleased I will be able to "watch meat get sliced on-demand." I can just imagine going into the restaurant and telling the person behind the cafeteria line to "Slice some meat!" I will probably even buy it and eat it. :)  Really, most bar-b-que restaurants I frequent work in just this way. Perhaps the copy editor for Food Finder needed a few more lines to fill space.

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...

According to their Instagram, This project fell through. That's too bad, I was really looking forward to this being in the area. 

https://www.instagram.com/victoriansbarbecue/

Over the last couple of years I’ve met great people in and out of bbq. I just wanted to say Thank You! The East End restaurant will not be happening but that’s not going to stop us from pursuing our dreams of a brick and mortar. 

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

Assuming this rendering is new (after Victorian’s backed out), that’s an encouraging sign. The Sampson/York corridor has a bunch of potential.

If you go to their website (W Squared) it seems as if there is another rendering labeled N. York. Retrofit. I'm not sure if this is anything but a concept at this point that's available for potential renters (if the property is still owned by ancorian, I don't see it listed on their site)

http://www.wsquaredarch.com/commercial/dnip2mksbutbsieo4q9v2odq0i57sa

7 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

I know. Thanks. If the barbecue restaurant that was going to open here had different plans, I think it is safe to assume that this is a concept rendering to give renters an idea of the space could be.

I posted the rendering because it's a newer one of what was posted previously and from the one the barbecue place had in mind.

Why?

Because the forum is like an archive. It's a place where people can go back and read posts and information on what was planned then and what's planned now.  And the same for renderings. What a place looked like then and what it looks like now. What a space could be and what it looks like now. And so on and so forth. 

Yea, and I appreciate that you shared the image and hopefully the final design is comparable to those renderings which are really cool, I was responding the post after yours. Hopefully we see some movement at this location soon. Maybe Nancy's Hustle ownership would be interested, I had read they wanted to open a second restaurant on the East Side.. I'd also love to see Justin Yu and Bobby Heugel team up for something in the East End. 

Edited by I'm Not a Robot
  • Like 1

I actually own the vacant property adjacent to this place...I was going to lease it to them for additional parking...unfortunately it didn't work out ...supposedly the building needed more work than they expected...I contacted ancorian which is still the owner of the property to let them know my vacant lot property is available for leasing if interested.....I am trying to come up with some ideas on how to produce revenue from this empty lot....any ideas? ...I was thinking maybe putting a small structure on it ..but after that I am just not sure

1 hour ago, SampsonScientist said:

I actually own the vacant property adjacent to this place...I was going to lease it to them for additional parking...unfortunately it didn't work out ...supposedly the building needed more work than they expected...I contacted ancorian which is still the owner of the property to let them know my vacant lot property is available for leasing if interested.....I am trying to come up with some ideas on how to produce revenue from this empty lot....any ideas? ...I was thinking maybe putting a small structure on it ..but after that I am just not sure

I'd probably just try to sell to Ancorian or whoever owns the building now.

4 hours ago, Pitts said:

I'd probably just try to sell to Ancorian or whoever owns the building now.

the value of it is too low for what i want for it......i am in no hurry to sell....waiting for the neighborhood to fully develop before i start thinking of selling it...and yeah it is still ancorian as of about a month ago.

• 2 years later...

Plan Review Permit in for 19 N York Street (navy building at corner of York and McAshan that was once going to house a BBQ joint) to used the building for offices

Ancorian owns this property.

There was once a thread about this site but I scoured the list and couldn't find it. Please merge if still exists. Thanks!

37 minutes ago, ljchou said:

Plan Review Permit in for 19 N York Street (navy building at corner of York and McAshan that was once going to house a BBQ joint) to used the building for offices

Ancorian owns this property.

There was once a thread about this site but I scoured the list and couldn't find it. Please merge if still exists. Thanks!

Victorian BBQ was the place that was slated to open in that location. They had begun doing the buildout but abandoned those efforts. I believe there may have been a break in during construction and possible insurance issue, but I may be mistaken. 

Previous topic on this property is below:

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to 19 N. York St. Office
  • The title was changed to Office Building At 19 North York St.