Effective on Monday, August 21st, FOX 26 will be debuting "The News Edge" beginning at 10:00 PM, announced by station VP & News Director Susan Schiller. The Monday thru Friday half-hour newscast will be following the station's current 9:00 PM Newscast & leading into "FOX 26 News Isiah Factor: Uncensored", which will be returning weeknights at 10:30 PM. With this major expansion, the station will produce 57.5 hours of local news programming each week, more local news than any other station in the market.

Kaitlin Monte (who was just named as Melinda Spaulding's successor as the station's weeknight Primetime Anchor), will be anchoring "The News Edge". This will offer viewers a fast-paced format, which will allow the audience to engage  with FOX 26 on trending news & topics relevant to them via the station's social media channels.

Monte will continue to anchor the 5:00 PM & 9:00 PM Newscasts alongside Jonathan Martin.

Plus, "What's Your Point" will continue on Sunday mornings at 7:00 AM.

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2017/08/fox-26-debuts-new-10pm-newscast.html

On 8/14/2017 at 0:53 PM, Blue Dogs said:

Effective on Monday, August 21st, FOX 26 will be debuting "The News Edge" beginning at 10:00 PM, announced by station VP & News Director Susan Schiller. The Monday thru Friday half-hour newscast will be following the station's current 9:00 PM Newscast & leading into "FOX 26 News Isiah Factor: Uncensored", which will be returning weeknights at 10:30 PM. With this major expansion, the station will produce 57.5 hours of local news programming each week, more local news than any other station in the market.

Kaitlin Monte (who was just named as Melinda Spaulding's successor as the station's weeknight Primetime Anchor), will be anchoring "The News Edge". This will offer viewers a fast-paced format, which will allow the audience to engage  with FOX 26 on trending news & topics relevant to them via the station's social media channels.

Monte will continue to anchor the 5:00 PM & 9:00 PM Newscasts alongside Jonathan Martin.

Plus, "What's Your Point" will continue on Sunday mornings at 7:00 AM.

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2017/08/fox-26-debuts-new-10pm-newscast.html

News overload.  Ughhh.

7 hours ago, htownbro said:

News overload.  Ughhh.

Gets worse... Blue Dogs has another thread stating Channel 2 is going to start a 10 a.m. newscast. Unbelievable.

I remember in about 1994, if you stayed up all day and night and planned your viewing right, you could watch a trashy Jerry Springer-type "talk" show for every hour save for one, and for that hour, you could tape an earlier one you hadn't watched on another channel and play it then, thereby giving you a full 24 hours worth of garbage. You can almost do that now with garbage, er I mean "news".  

Don't get me wrong... local news isn't nearly as bad as network or national cable news. Those are simply useless now. Might as well watch a commercial than them, you'd be better informed. But again, how many times a day do we need the same three car crash and fire stories over and over along with the same repetitive weather "update"? Maybe if they hired more REPORTERS instead of anchors, they'd have enough stories to actually fill ONE 15 minute newscast without  rehashing it over and over... and over... and over. 

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, Firebird65 said:

Gets worse... Blue Dogs has another thread stating Channel 2 is going to start a 10 a.m. newscast. Unbelievable.

I remember in about 1994, if you stayed up all day and night and planned your viewing right, you could watch a trashy Jerry Springer-type "talk" show for every hour save for one, and for that hour, you could tape an earlier one you hadn't watched on another channel and play it then, thereby giving you a full 24 hours worth of garbage. You can almost do that now with garbage, er I mean "news".  

Don't get me wrong... local news isn't nearly as bad as network or national cable news. Those are simply useless now. Might as well watch a commercial than them, you'd be better informed. But again, how many times a day do we need the same three car crash and fire stories over and over along with the same repetitive weather "update"? Maybe if they hired more REPORTERS instead of anchors, they'd have enough stories to actually fill ONE 15 minute newscast without  rehashing it over and over... and over... and over. 

I take it that you're NOT a big fan of FOX 26 extending their newscasts LOL.

Archived