Good Houston Skyline Shooting Locations

evman50

I know this probably asked a lot, but that makes this more necessary, plus I can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I am looking for a spot to get a shot of the Houston skyline, but from the east, one that captures St. Joseph's in the shot. I want one where it's safe to shoot, or at least somewhat safe, where I don't have to worry too much about having a decent camera. I know everyone says to shoot from the opposite side, like where Eleanor Tinsley park is, but I personally want one with a shot of the hospital in it. Also, maybe one that doesn't have too much rundown scenery around it. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. 

The view from the top of the coffee silos at Atlantic Coffee Solutions at 3900 Harrisburg was amazing when I did some work there in the 80's (it was Maxwell House then). Sadly, I did not even own a camera at that point. For more realistic choices, you might try some of the taller buildings at UH, assuming they are accessible to the public.

If you are quick(this is basically sketchy in terms of legality), and do it on a Sunday morning at 0630, you could get a good shot from the Gulf Freeway where it goes over Velasco. Pull up Google Maps, and look at the street view from some of the 45 overpasses to the SE of Downtown, plus some shots from other places.

• 1 month later...

Archived