LyondellBasell Expansion

2 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

We're not going to get too many construction photos of this one except for ones from the highway. Any photos from inside the plant will be followed up by someone getting fired from their job ;)

this would be correct, lol

4 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

We're not going to get too many construction photos of this one except for ones from the highway. Any photos from inside the plant will be followed up by someone getting fired from their job ;)

My drone took that as a challenge.

3 hours ago, phillip_white said:

You won't be fired for that but the police will be having a word with you. The plants take this stuff very serious and I've seen police question people who happened to just walking by or if your car breaks down next the fence line. They will have your car towed if it breaks down before you can fix a flat.

You can take all the photos you want but don't get caught and don't post them to social media. They have had workers fired where I work for posting pics to FB.

The policy on camera phones changed a couple years ago from a very strict ban to allowing them but don't take pics. Even when they weren't allowed 99% of the contractors had them anyway so I think the owners finally realized they were fighting a losing battle and decided to allow them.

5 hours ago, phillip_white said:

Read this before you use the drone, and this isn't complete after the legislature did their thing in the regular session http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV/htm/GV.423.htm

This looks like the applicable section Sec. 423.0045. OFFENSE: OPERATION OF UNMANNED AIRCRAFT OVER CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITY. although it doesn't say much about pictures taken from outside the facility.

On 7/21/2017 at 8:13 PM, hindesky said:

You won't be fired for that but the police will be having a word with you. The plants take this stuff very serious and I've seen police question people who happened to just walking by or if your car breaks down next the fence line. They will have your car towed if it breaks down before you can fix a flat.

You can take all the photos you want but don't get caught and don't post them to social media. They have had workers fired where I work for posting pics to FB.

The policy on camera phones changed a couple years ago from a very strict ban to allowing them but don't take pics. Even when they weren't allowed 99% of the contractors had them anyway so I think the owners finally realized they were fighting a losing battle and decided to allow them.

On 7/21/2017 at 10:13 PM, Ross said:

Read this before you use the drone, and this isn't complete after the legislature did their thing in the regular session http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV/htm/GV.423.htm

This looks like the applicable section Sec. 423.0045. OFFENSE: OPERATION OF UNMANNED AIRCRAFT OVER CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITY. although it doesn't say much about pictures taken from outside the facility.

I was kidding, but thanks for the warnings. You may have saved a more ambitious pilot from spending a night in jail. :blink:

Archived