Don Mahoney And Jeana Clair

Watchful

Hello everyone! it's been a couple of years since I have posted anything on here. But I do want to start off by talking about Jeanna Claire's passing. it has been 2 yrs since she passed and when she did some disturbing things happened that no one in our family had control over. You see Jeanna had every single piece of memorabilia that was from the show, she even had photos of my grandfather and almost all of the episodes that had not yet been transfered to video. Her nephew was staying in her home after she passed and told me I could go and take everything off of his hands because he didn't want to bother with it. So I woke up early one morning driving from Austin to Houston only to find out he had gotten rid of EVERYTHING! I'm pretty sure he sold it all :( . My family and I are still devistated. So what I'm asking is if anyone might have bought memorabilia or might have seen it somewhere PLEASE let me know I will be willing to buy it back from you or if you don't want to sell it to me just let me know that his belongings are in a safe home my email is gvin2904 and you can also find me on facebook under Patricia Briones. Thank you again.

• Like 1

We feel your pain. Really. But as much as it may hurt to even think about, it's possible that Jeanna Claire's nephew tossed all that memorabilia in the trash just to get rid of it. You say he told you he didn't want to bother with it, so it had no value to him.

I have to wonder why anyone would want it enough to buy it. And if someone did buy it, what are they doing with it? People buy celebrity memorabilia because they hope to show it off in some way. That's why I suspect the nephew tossed it.

This memorabilia really has no monetary value beyond its sentimental value to you and other family members.

Edited by FilioScotia

• 1 year later...

Wow...I just found this site. I took dancing at Hallie Pritchard's for many years. Until 1976. I remember 3 or 4 times of being on Don Mahoney & Jeanna Claire. y'all have brought back lots of memories. My mom is struggling with cancer and I am staying with her.

Reading all of this has really taken me back. Thanks for the memories they are great ones. I too would be most interested in dvd's of those shows. If anyone can tell me how to get those. Also, any tapes or dvd's from dance recitals would be great. Wonderful mother's day gift.

I have reel of dance town. Edited by Shawnacr

Hello everyone! it's been a couple of years since I have posted anything on here. But I do want to start off by talking about Jeanna Claire's passing. it has been 2 yrs since she passed and when she did some disturbing things happened that no one in our family had control over. You see Jeanna had every single piece of memorabilia that was from the show, she even had photos of my grandfather and almost all of the episodes that had not yet been transfered to video. Her nephew was staying in her home after she passed and told me I could go and take everything off of his hands because he didn't want to bother with it. So I woke up early one morning driving from Austin to Houston only to find out he had gotten rid of EVERYTHING! I'm pretty sure he sold it all http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/sad.png . My family and I are still devistated. So what I'm asking is if anyone might have bought memorabilia or might have seen it somewhere PLEASE let me know I will be willing to buy it back from you or if you don't want to sell it to me just let me know that his belongings are in a safe home my email is gvin2904 and you can also find me on facebook under Patricia Briones. Thank you again.

Hello,

I actually have some reels of the show.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone! it's been a couple of years since I have posted anything on here. But I do want to start off by talking about Jeanna Claire's passing. it has been 2 yrs since she passed and when she did some disturbing things happened that no one in our family had control over. You see Jeanna had every single piece of memorabilia that was from the show, she even had photos of my grandfather and almost all of the episodes that had not yet been transfered to video. Her nephew was staying in her home after she passed and told me I could go and take everything off of his hands because he didn't want to bother with it. So I woke up early one morning driving from Austin to Houston only to find out he had gotten rid of EVERYTHING! I'm pretty sure he sold it all :( . My family and I are still devistated. So what I'm asking is if anyone might have bought memorabilia or might have seen it somewhere PLEASE let me know I will be willing to buy it back from you or if you don't want to sell it to me just let me know that his belongings are in a safe home my email is gvin2904 and you can also find me on facebook under Patricia Briones. Thank you again.

Wow!! So sorry, I hope you have found some of your grandfather's memorabilila.

I also was on the show in the 60's from Ms. Sharon's dance studio. I now live in California and was so excited to find this site.

Didn't think I would ever see any of this info from my childhood. If anyone would have any video or info from Ms. Sharon's classes on the show, I would love to see it.

Thanks and again I hope you found your grandfather's things.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My mother was Mary Jane Reynolds, a popular performer in Houston, who had a dance studio first in the Heights in the 30's and then in Spring Branch in the 50's.

She taught me to dance and got me on the Don Mahoney and Jeana Clair show sometime in 1955 or so;  she also bought a commercial spot during the show.

Mr. Mahoney talked about my mother after I danced and asked, 'And what's your mother's name, hon?' I said "Mother". I could tell he wanted something else. Then he asked me again, and I hollered MOTHER!! for her to come get me. I was about five years old. Jeana came and got me back to my Mother and also gave me a can of Hi-C to calm me down.

I could have used a little more prep.....lol

• 6 months later...

I loved the Don Mahoney and Jean Claire show. I performed on the show a couple of times and once with my mom.  I have tried for years to get videos of this for my mom as a gift or surprise.  It was between 1976-1977.  Can someone help me with this.  I even called the news station 10 years ago.  Please help!!!!

• 2 years later...

Oh wow!  I am 48 now and remember I got to go on the show with my sister and her best friend Lillian.  Lillian sang Snowbird on the show and I wasn't there to perform.  I remember sitting on the wood floor stage with the other littles with the stars!  I remember riding a wood stick pony in a circle and I wore my red cowboy hat and red jeans.  I was 4 years old.  I sang 2 songs sitting on a hay bail.  The first was I'm not Lisa and the 2nd was Sneaky Snake.  Thank you for bringing these wonderful memories back!

Edited by Meliisa
Typo

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

What a treasure this site is.  Oh, the memories.  I took lessons from Hallie Pritchard (oh, that cane!) and Mary Margaret Niland.  I definitely remember Annette O’Toole.  She would always get the lead parts while I got mere solos.  Now, I understand why!!  I appeared on the DMAGC show as well.  Surprisingly enough, my former neighbor in Fort Worth sang on the show.  What I wouldn’t give to see videos of our performances.  I appeared on Kitirk as well. Won a golden egg on my birthday and got a Beanie Boy (a very scary looking boy doll).  Years later, I found out that my uncle, who worked at the television station, “arranged” it.  And, all the while I had thought I was the luckiest little girl in the world…

• 1 year later...

happened along finding this as I searched for Don & Jeana

early 70s, being ~15 yo my band performed, playing couple songs.. one being “Born To Be Wild” (me playing the drums)

…searching/ wondering / hoping  if any video, would be available !!