Is Your Power Back On?

Heights2Bastrop

What if you have callnotes through SBC? I am assuming that this wouldn't work?

No it wouldn't.

I've been doing this since last night and every time my power has been on.

On the other hand, things sound really, really bad up where my family is. The mayor of their town was on ABC a couple of hours ago and it was not looking good. All phones (land and mobile) are down so I have no way of finding anything out, nor do they have any way to get in touch with me. What little I've been able to find out indicates that all highways in that part of East Texas are impassable due to trees and debris on the roads, and there is a lot of wind damage. Many roofs are off buildings from what the mayor said, and this was before they got some of the strongest winds they have been hit with.

There's not much I can do from Alabama but hope and pray. I do have a flight home now on Monday, and may have to head up their way after I land in Houston to check things out if I haven't had contact with them by then.

No it wouldn't.

I've been doing this since last night and every time my power has been on.

On the other hand, things sound really, really bad up where my family is. The mayor of their town was on ABC a couple of hours ago and it was not looking good. All phones (land and mobile) are down so I have no way of finding anything out, nor do they have any way to get in touch with me. What little I've been able to find out indicates that all highways in that part of East Texas are impassable due to trees and debris on the roads, and there is a lot of wind damage. Many roofs are off buildings from what the mayor said, and this was before they got some of the strongest winds they have been hit with.

What part of east texas? I'm in Nacogdoches right now. We have power, but I think we have a direct buried line from the substation.....everybody else around town we've talked to has 'lectricity. Storm hasn't been terribly bad here. Some trees down, lots of leaves.

What part of east texas? I'm in Nacogdoches right now. We have power, but I think we have a direct buried line from the substation.....everybody else around town we've talked to has 'lectricity. Storm hasn't been terribly bad here. Some trees down, lots of leaves.

They live in Woodville. I have now found out they are okay. The damage to the town is very, very bad. Fortunately their house did not sustain any significant damage. There are houses in their neighborhood that are probably a total loss from trees falling on them. My father's business has some structural damage but is standing. They have been told it will likely be several weeks before that area has power.

Archived