Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trymahjong

Brainstorming what type of Business would work well going into Numbers (300 Westheimer)

16 posts in this topic

What do well in that building?

I have to say- if this is just brainstorming- I'd like to revive a pipe organ pizza place at that location.

It might be just the thing-- the 300 block of westheimer is the  proposed cafe table and chairs "oasis" that the lower westheimer traffic study alludes to.The Montrose Management district Special Parking District speaks about "sharing" parking lots  with businesses that close at different times- so the parking at the Paint Store and the Mattress store could be shared.

Yeah, replacing Numbers with anything else seems pretty heretical.

3 people like this

A club called Hashtags that plays great club music from the 80s and hosts goth nights and one-of-a-kind concerts.

6 people like this

Hmmm

wow that would be a good idea

So quasi cultural?

Maybe  my expectations should rise and hope for an art and music venue. Something where all the outside walls are covered in murals.

The music sucks there, so anything else would be better. 

Other than #s being a relic of a different time, is there some news I haven't heard yet?

6 hours ago, samagon said:

Other than #s being a relic of a different time, is there some news I haven't heard yet?

No. #s is doing better than ever.

Yep

i was just daydreaming

Maybe I should have wondered - what would be the best thing to go inside a renovated " Mining Company" on pacific.......

...Charles Armstrong has said that it'll be another gay bar with a different concept. I also heard an unconfirmed comment that it'll still be named The Mining Company. But, Armstrong moves slow, and mysteriously...so, nothing is really certain. 

YepI heard a "Cowboy" theme was being tossed around..... for the mining company.

I guess, I was hoping for ideas on something retail for that part of Westheimer, as there is little other distractions for those walking towards their dinning experience other than paint or mattresses.......sigh

1 person likes this

Yep-these are the things I think about visiting while I'm killing time during my 45 minute wait at Uchi ;)