Pre-rita Photos

sevfiv

on alt-90 before 59... (evening of 09.22.05)

traffic.jpg

rice university library (09.23.05)

fondren.jpg

half price books - bookflats for sandbags... (09.23.05)

books.jpg

last minute boards (09.23.05)

gap.jpg

610 toward the galleria - just walked onto the freeway... (09.23.05)

sixten.jpg

That's the way Houston should be during the day. No cars at all. I drove yesterday from Jersey Village to the Heights in 5 minutes down 290. I saw like 4 other cars the whole time. It reminded me of the 1980s during more simpler times. I'd say it's time for emergency population control. If you haven't lived in Houston for more than 5 years, unless you are a student or professional, you must be forced to move out. That is exaggerated I know, but I'm already starting to think of ideas on how to reduce our population. This freeway gridlock should send a message loud and clear to planners and lawmakers.

Great photo of 610. As I made my way home from work on Wednesday around 5 pm. I went down the west loop in the opposite direction of where your photo points. It was PACKED, bumper to bumper, cars moving 5 mph if that. By Thursday morning, it was empty. Very weird.

>>> No cars at all. I drove yesterday from Jersey Village to the Heights in 5 minutes down 290.

Wow, thats about 207mph! So I'm guessing you have an Mclaren F1, or a Bugatti EB110, or a Koenigsegg?

Thats 17.4 miles in less than 5 minutes, amazing.

http://maps.google.com/maps?spn=0.129577,0...+TX+77007&hl=en

That kind of BS qualifies him/her to be the first run out of town.

Archived