Only In Texas...through A Hurricane

BayouCityGirl

Hey, I'm back from a long-time away (with my son being born).

I was stuck in that traffic on the Grand Parkway, heading out towards Kyle, Texas. We had a caravan of three cars. Some family who lived in League City came over on late-Tuesday and we were heading out on Thursday. We stayed with family in Kyle, Texas.

I heard their were people fighting over gasoline and stealing it from people's homes along the highways. Why are there so many uncivilized people in Texas and Louisiana?

And where did you here this? Also you have never seen other people do things like that in situations such as these?

I heard their were people fighting over gasoline and stealing it from people's homes along the highways. Why are there so many uncivilized people in Texas and Louisiana?

well i spent almost 12 hours on the road, and everyone was very civilized and orderly, even when we were standing outside of our cars in a parking lot on the freeway.

when you have 2.7 million people leaving their home behind, you're going to have incidents, no matter where you are.

I saw photos of people standing along to roads offering free water those stuck in traffic.

My aunt and uncle didn't even bother to leave when they heard about the Grand Parkway... Of course, the housemates and I were watching TWC showing 45 northbound's traffic. I think my comment was, "What else on a Friday? ... They're just going up to The Lake."

I hope everyone down there's doing ok. If not, let me know. I need a reason to miss a week or two of class. :D

Archived