Is There Any Gas In Houston?

Rehan

I tried to get out yesterday and ended up blowing 10 hours to reach Brookshire.

So I ended up giving up and returning home, which only took like 45 minutes.

Now my car is on E and I was wondering if there is any gas anywhere.

If anyone can provide any info of where I can find gas it would be much appreciated.

West side especially since I live near Westchase.

Thanks.

There's nowhere to go right now because nothing is open. I have a full tank because of my evacuation that never happened. It may not hit us too hard on the west side. I think I heard on the news that Galveston is expected to get 90 mph winds.

It would give us a practical reason for resurrecting plans for a high speed rail system between the Texas Triangle cities (Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio). Including New Orleans in the picture we could have an orderly way of evacuating growing cities during emergencies.

definitely no gas anywhere...i think i found the last quickie mart in town that was open with about a handful of customers, and grabbed some water and junk food...(near 610 and long).

i have a little bit of gas in both cars, but not planning on driving anywhere for a while...

Why are all these people worried about gas who are in Houston and staying in Houston?

The storm will clear Sunday and eventually gas stations will be replenished. You people need to calm down.

Actually there is plenty of gas in my garage. I'm selling it for 10 bucks a gallon. ;)

I'm not worried about it. I just wanted to see if I could fill up before the storm. But I'm not going anywhere anyways since everything is closed.

Isn't the eye supposed to hit land around midnight? It's an hour away and barely anything is happening outside.

The eye of the storm is still a few hours from making landfall at the mouth of Sabine Lake. Houston is on the weaker side of the storm so it won't be as bad there. On the other hand, things are going to be quite bad for Lake Charles, Beaumont, and Port Arthur, and points north of Beaumont up through Hardin, Tyler, and Angelina Counties.

I heard that by Monday, the trucks should have been able to fill up alot of gas stations again. Cross your fingers. You should be able to make it back from S.A. or Austin on a full tank. Hopefully we won't have a repeat of the pre-Rita disaster. I think Bill White is going to announce which communities can come back first, so we don't have the same traffic woes again.

I just filled up.

Sams Club (Chimney Rock@Westpark)

You need to have a Sams memebership card, or convince someone else to use theirs.

I guess Sam's gas will work in a pinch, but you really shouldn't use that stuff, if you like your car. I know, I know, Murphy gas is always the least expensive. Let me tell you why it is so inexpensive. They don't put any kind of detergents in the fuel to make it run cleaner in your engine, and you get really nice clogged up fuel injectors and what looks like someone spit out a whole can of Copenhagen on your valves, in a 36,000 mile engine. :(

I guess Sam's gas will work in a pinch, but you really shouldn't use that stuff, if you like your car. I know, I know, Murphy gas is always the least expensive. Let me tell you why it is so inexpensive. They don't put any kind of detergents in the fuel to make it run cleaner in your engine, and you get really nice clogged up fuel injectors and what looks like someone spit out a whole can of Copenhagen on your valves, in a 36,000 mile engine. :(

i'm not too worried about it...company car :lol:

but i'll keep that in mind for my other car

• 2 years later...

Archived