For those, who haven't gotten the message yet: Legendary & popular Ch. 13 KTRK-TV News Anchor Dave Ward will be signing off for the final time on Tuesday, May 2nd in the 6:00 PM Newscast.

According to Mike McGuff of mikemcguff.com, the goodbye was supposed to happen last December, but Ward was hospitalized just a week before his final goodbye to the ABC O&O Station that he's been working with for 50 years since 1966. Following his recovery, he hasn't slowed down. Ward has been making numerous public appearances around town for charities & of course being honored for his esteemed TV broadcasting career.

The day after he signs off from Ch. 13's newsdesk, Ward will be honored by Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner on May 3rd. The ceremony will take place in front of Houston City Hall at 11:00 AM, where the public is welcome to show up & show their strong support for their favorite TV News Anchor.

http://mikemcguff.blogspot.com/2017/04/dave-ward-to-sign-off-from-ktrk-abc13-may-2-2017.html

I like to hear your thoughts & memories of Ward's 50 years with Ch. 13 over the years, so please post your comments :)

Hate to see him go, that sentence butcher Art Rascon is unfortunately going to take over. I can't believe that the 4th largest city in the USA can't find someone better than Art to take over, he just drives me crazy with his butchering of his lines. Does he misread his teleprompter or is he ad libbing his lines?

Archived