Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
native_Houstonian

Tila's at 1111 S Shepherd for lease?

7 posts in this topic

Driving past Tila's Restaurant on the curve at 1111 S. Shepherd, there is a large "For Lease" sign on the corner.   Are they closing?   Any info?

I went there last night and talked to the manager, didn't ask about this specifically but he said business is great. I kind of wish they would close though, we could use a better restaurant on his corner. The food is just OK and the margaritas are not very good.

Yes, I'm not a fan of the restaurant either.    The owner, Tila, is not very customer oriented.  Really don't know how she stays in business.

8 hours ago, native_Houstonian said:

Yes, I'm not a fan of the restaurant either.    The owner, Tila, is not very customer oriented.  Really don't know how she stays in business.

She must be doing something right, as you don't stay in business in Houston as a restaurant owner for 30+ years solely by chance (dating back to when Tila's was still on Lower Westheimer, where Katz's is now). 

I actually go there quite often even though it's not the best food because I live very close, so I can walk over and can bring my dog. The waitstaff tell me Tila's is a very difficult place to work.

Edited by jgriff