Bellaire Town Center At 5101 Bellaire Blvd.

Mab

Saw this last week and was confused.  Thought it was the Bellaire Triangle shopping center.

Wait! This is the strip center where Auntie Pastos and Lemongrass Cafe are! I think.

Great none the less.

Edit: The new Bellaire H-E-B coming is really making the surrounding area a hot redevelopment. So many things are getting rebuilt and worked on! I know Alexan Southside Place isn't technically in Bellaire but I bet it's apart of the redevelopment craze.

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, texas911 said:

Its about time. Bellaire has one of the wealthiest zip codes in Houston, yet is underserved retail wise. Like the lone Starbucks is so small and closes at 8! All these Bellaire residences having to leave and go to the Galleria or Upper Kirby for upscale shopping is losing Bellaire dollars to Houston.

I think that it is underserved by MetroRail as well.  I think that we can both agree that they should look into putting rail to Bellaire.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Oh I totally agree. Rail should go down Bellaire Blvd. Although Between West U and the Bellaire transit Center, there aren't a lot of commercial nor high density housing to service. Bellaire has a trolley on display to show its history. So I'm sure they are rail friendly.

12 minutes ago, texas911 said:

Oh I totally agree. Rail should go down Bellaire Blvd. Although Between West U and the Bellaire transit Center, there aren't a lot of commercial nor high density housing to service. Bellaire has a trolley on display to show its history. So I'm sure they are rail friendly.

It can't go through the median because that's designated as parkland. Dedicating one lane as rail might work but I have yet to see an example in Houston where METRO hasn't taken up more than one road lane (in a given direction) or required permanent additional right of way.

19 minutes ago, IronTiger said:

It can't go through the median because that's designated as parkland. Dedicating one lane as rail might work but I have yet to see an example in Houston where METRO hasn't taken up more than one road lane (in a given direction) or required permanent additional right of way.

If you had the rails embedded in grass, could that still count as park land?

europe-grass-tram-railway-2.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cspwal said:

If you had the rails embedded in grass, could that still count as park land?

europe-grass-tram-railway-2.jpg

The only way that would work (especially without some sort of guard to keep people off the tracks) is if the train went at a slow pace. What you're describing is kind of like what New Orleans does (actual U.S. example instead of, what is that, Italy?) but the trolley pokes along at an average speed of 6.1 mph (source: Washington Post), and even buses move faster than that. Either way, I still didn't get an answer to my question.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://realtynewsreport.com/2019/08/25/real-estate-briefs-houston-dallas-san-antonio-and-austin-by-realty-news-report/

Commercial real estate investment services firm Marcus & Millichap announced the sale of Bellaire Town Center, an 8,144 SF retail property at 13438 Bellaire Boulevard in Houston. Gus Lagos and Alex Wolansky of M&M’s Houston office had the exclusive listing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Utah-based Crumbl Cookies looks to open Bellaire Town Center location

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/impacts/2020/04/22/utah-based-crumbl-cookies-looks-to-open-bellaire-town-center-location/

Logan, Utah-based Crumbl Cookies will be coming to Bellaire, though the cookie maker has not yet specified when it would open its Bellaire Town Center shop at 5103 Bellaire Blvd. Crumbl Cookies has locations across the United States, and is known for its weekly rotating menu, where the cookie maker gives customers four different specialty flavors, along with permanent menu fixtures milk chocolate chip and chilled sugar cookie. It also sells ice cream flavors including vanilla, raspberry cheesecake, churro, and more. Curbside, delivery, and shipping is available at its other locations. www.crumblcookies.com

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Jersey Mike's, Salata, Boxwood Dentistry, more open in Bellaire Town Center

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/impacts/2020/07/30/jersey-mikes-salata-boxwood-dentistry-more-open-in-bellaire-town-center/

Jersey Mike’s Subs opened another of its sandwich shops at 5107 Bellaire Blvd., Bellaire, on June 10. Dine-in, third-party delivery and pickup are available. Hours: 10 a.m.-9 p.m. daily. 713- 677-0746

Boxwood Dentistry, located at 5101 Bellaire Blvd., Ste. 260, Bellaire. opened in June and is offering dental care for all ages, including cosmetics and general dentistry. Rhesa Bautista is a native Houstonian who earned her doctorate of dental surgery at the University of Texas School of Dentistry in 2003. She finished postgraduate training in cosmetic and neuromuscular dentistry at The Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies. Hours: Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m.-5 p.m., closed Sat.-Sun. 281-407-1266.

Men’s Health Bellaire opened its doors July 27 at 5103 Bellaire Blvd., Ste. 240, Bellaire, and it is now accepting appointments. The clinic specializes in men’s sexual wellness, including treatment for low testosterone.Hours: Mon.-Thu. 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Fri. 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Sat. 8 a.m.-2 p.m., closed Sun. 832-925-7712.

Salata Salad Kitchen will officially open its new location Aug. 6 at 5101 Bellaire Blvd., Ste. 185, Bellaire. The built-to-order salad kitchen offers guests fully customizable salads, wraps, soups, organic teas and lemonades. Hours: Mon.-Fri. 10:30 a.m.-9 p.m., Sat. 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Sun. 11 a.m.-8 p.m.

• Like 1