cspwal

What do you think of the bots?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the bots?

• Like them both
    • Ottomation is OK but H.Ham posts too much
    • H. Ham is OK but Ottomation posts too much
    • Get rid of both!

Hate them! They are constantly posting topics in the wrong sections, cluttering up "Unread Posts" of the forum. Like for instance, an article related to "State Politics" or "Houston Crime" in the Katy or Kingwood/Atascocita sections. If other legimate non-bots like us aren't allowed by admin to "go off topic" on regular development posts then why do these two fools, who I vigilantly report, keep getting a free pass? Get rid of them!!

19 hours ago, intencity77 said:

Hate them! They are constantly posting topics in the wrong sections, cluttering up "Unread Posts" of the forum. Like for instance, an article related to "State Politics" or "Houston Crime" in the Katy or Kingwood/Atascocita sections. If other legimate non-bots like us aren't allowed by admin to "go off topic" on regular development posts then why do these two fools, who I vigilantly report, keep getting a free pass? Get rid of them!!

My sentiments exactly!

I'm not a big fan.

I think they overload a lot of the sub-forums with rehashes of whatever's going on in the community, and even then as stated before, they don't even get to the right areas (ex: articles that may be Rosenberg-Richmond or Sugar Land related occasionally ending up in the Katy threads). Nobody really cares about "11 things to do" in wherever this weekend or some revised press release for some business you're never going to go to. 

HAIFers, the human ones anyway, do much better at getting an interesting thread going.

9 hours ago, gmac said:

Doesn't bother me. I'm not paying for the privilege of using this site.

If they are getting paid for it I would understand. If not, why clutter up the site with garbage that no one reads or comments on?

10 hours ago, gmac said:

Doesn't bother me. I'm not paying for the privilege of using this site.

I'm not paying either, but maybe paying a small sub fee for more storage would be a good idea - I currently have 840K left of attachment space

OK, I just counted. Almost 1/3 of the topics on the unread stream are garbage from bots. We've got 10 votes for getting rid of them on here and none for keeping. It's becoming more and more painful to come to this site to see real posts. Can someone please explain why the site has decided to use these spam bots? If you're getting paid for linking to news articles great, you have to make money. Otherwise you are just driving people away from the site for no reason.

• The title was changed to Bot Popularity

Archived