Marigold Club At 2531 Kuester St.

roadrunner

Great news for that part of Westheimer.  On a side note, someone I know got their car broken into while at Good Night Charlies when parked on Ralph.  Too bad people don't just work for a living rather than steal!  I hope there is enough parking for all of this.  Very nice concept, and the developer has a great eye for detail.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

great article...and man i miss the "old montrose" but still like alot about this new montrose.

and this stood out:

Portland-based Voodoo Doughnuts just signed a letter of intent to lease one of Davis’ buildings: a two-story house at 1719 Westheimer that’s now an antique shop.🤪🍩‼️

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This one is almost done, at least the exterior. They also went in and repainted the exterior of Biscuit and added complementing bronze awnings. Looks slick. Really wished that since they demoed the old building that they could have moved the new building closer to the street. Oh well.

pk59RpD.jpg

t5majhL.jpg

• Like 4

I agree it looks amazing and brings so much to this part of Westheimer!!! Did you notice the super cool new sign out by the street!? It says Goodnight Montrose! Did they rename Goodnight Charlies or is this the name of the whole development? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gene said:

I agree it looks amazing and brings so much to this part of Westheimer!!! Did you notice the super cool new sign out by the street!? It says Goodnight Montrose! Did they rename Goodnight Charlies or is this the name of the whole development? 

The company is called "Good night" Hospitality. I'm assuming they are just putting their name in front and then something else behind it. Seems like a good way to maintain their brand while also keep separation between venues in name.

• Like 1

Leslie at Goodnight Hospitality was kind enough to send me this awesome photo...taken before it was completely finished but gives you an idea of how cool this street sign is!

goodnight montrose (480x640).jpg

goodnight montrose (600x800) (150x200).jpg

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

and this just opened TODAY in the same (Goodnight Montrose) Development! 

Montrose Cheese and Wine now OPEN

https://houston.eater.com/2019/8/14/20805396/montrose-cheese-and-wine-open-david-keck-goodnight-hospitality

Montrose Cheese & Wine, the newest venture from master sommelier David Keck’s Goodnight Hospitality, kicks open the doors today.

The new cheese shop, wine bar, and market is set to debut at 1618 Westheimer Road, occupying an 800 square foot space, according to a press release. The small space is intended to evoke a European salumeria vibe, with custom metal pieces, oiled white oak shelves, and Griotte marble. About 10 seats will be available at the bar for dining in.

In addition to the constantly rotating selection of top-notch cheeses that will be on offer, Montrose denizens can also look forward to pastries like Portuguese egg tarts, coffee and espresso drinks from Greenway Coffee, and plenty of upscale pantry additions like Italian dried pasta, olive oil, and professional-quality bar tools. Wine director Ryan Cooper has selected 125 wines for the shop, including uber-trendy natural and organic wines.

This is just the first Goodnight Hospitality establishment to debut as part of the group’s planned Montrose takeover. By the end of the month, the group will debut brand new restaurant Rosie Cannonball, and a second, Mediterranean-focused eatery called March is also in the works.

Montrose Cheese & Wine is now open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

They did a very good job in design and finish. It is clean and solid. I also agree about the siting and parking, but they have done such a good job with the other park- ing lot

and rejuvenation of this site that I suppose it can be overlooked.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Goodnight Charlie's + Parking - 2531 Kuester St.
  • 1 month later...

Architect - https://www.foxfoxstudio.com

"The Goodnight Hospitality group is slated to open the Marigold Club this fall, offering a swanky and upscale dining option in the Montrose area, with art deco decor and a speakeasy-inspired private dining room for guests."

https://houston.eater.com/2022/2/7/22914534/goodnight-charlies-open-the-marigold-club-fall

ynDVrZq.pngyYWhHmf.png

FL7b3CC.jpg

Sc9YuAb.jpg

• Like 3

• The title was changed to 2531 Kuester St.
On 8/9/2022 at 4:12 PM, hindesky said:

Architect - https://www.foxfoxstudio.com

"The Goodnight Hospitality group is slated to open the Marigold Club this fall, offering a swanky and upscale dining option in the Montrose area, with art deco decor and a speakeasy-inspired private dining room for guests."

https://houston.eater.com/2022/2/7/22914534/goodnight-charlies-open-the-marigold-club-fall

ynDVrZq.pngyYWhHmf.png

FL7b3CC.jpg

Sc9YuAb.jpg

Bummer. Upscale huh? I liked the vibe of goodnight Charlie’s when it was open and was hoping for something casual here. This along with the wine and cheese place next door pisses me off .. O well. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Bummer. Upscale huh? I liked the vibe of goodnight Charlie’s when it was open and was hoping for something casual here. This along with the wine and cheese place next door pisses me off .. O well. 

Why? The wine place is actually very affordable. I swear the owners just use it as a tax write off. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi hindesky, one question here--what is the general timeline from when the permit is issued (as you posted on Friday) and when the business opens? Is there an average timeline? Just curious when we can anticipate Marigold Club opening and if the building permits are any indication.

No definitive timeline, I've seen permits obtained and no work start for over a year. I noticed some construction netting around the property so that usually means work could be starting soon. The fact that they have acquired the city permits sometimes means work will start sooner than just having the state permits.

On 1/23/2023 at 4:26 PM, boop said:

Hi hindesky, one question here--what is the general timeline from when the permit is issued (as you posted on Friday) and when the business opens? Is there an average timeline? Just curious when we can anticipate Marigold Club opening and if the building permits are any indication.

CultureMap published a list of anticipated restaurant openings for 2023. Mairgold Club at 2531 Kuester St is included:

Goodnight Hospitality (March, Rosie Cannonball) will transform the former Goodnight Charlie’s space into a modern Continental restaurant that takes inspiration from some of London’s top eateries. Slated to open in the fall, the restaurant will feature a luxurious interior, a raw bar, and afternoon tea service. Chef-partner Austin Waiter comes to Marigold Club after a well-regarded stint at Tony's.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/most-anticipated-new-restaurants-bars-opening-2023/

Also, health inspections are a better source for determining when a restaurant is close to opening.

Restaurants are required to pass a pre-opening health inspection before opening. If a restaurant receives a pre-opening inspection, that's usually a sign it could open to the public soon.

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Marigold Club At 2531 Kuester St.
  • 6 months later...

I think The Marigold Club is nearing its opening. The restaurant received a pre-opening inspection from the health department two weeks ago. Also, there are job postings looking for waitstaff. I'm thinking this may open to the public by mid to late May or June.

I am looking forward to seeing the completed renovation once The Marigold Club opens. 

The Marigold Club is a continental American dining concept from Houston's Goodnight Hospitality.  It's opening this year at 2531 Kuester.

• Like 1

Below are renderings of The Marigold Club's dining room. I noticed they weren't posted here. CultureMap published the images earlier this year.

The Marigold Club is a continental American dining concept from Houston's Goodnight Hospitality.  It's opening soon at 2531 Kuester.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/whats-eric-eating-felipe-riccio-austin-waiter-marigold-club/

RIDwSH5.jpeg

PYBBKwq.jpeg

• Like 1