Hamburger Mary's At 2409 Grant St.

HoustonMidtown

• 10 years later...

I was out in the gayborhood today with friends and we noticed the old Hollywood super center adult store under construction. The adult store moved next door into a smaller space. We went in to ask the worker what they were turning the old adult store into and he said a Hamburher Mary's. As we kept bar hopping we noticed the flyers everywhere. We even came across a Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/Hamburger-Marys-Houston-1312081512169702/

Hamburger Mary's is a burger joint that caters to the LGBT community with various Drag shows and other forms of entertainment. I believe they started in West Hollywood, CA.

IMG_4153.JPG

Scheduled opening is February 2017

oh and this was the supposedly new (relocated) Hollywood Vietnamese restaurant.

20 hours ago, drecey said:

I was out in the gayborhood today with friends and we noticed the old Hollywood super center adult store under construction. The adult store moved next door into a smaller space. We went in to ask the worker what they were turning the old adult store into and he said a Hamburher Mary's. As we kept bar hopping we noticed the flyers everywhere. We even came across a Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/Hamburger-Marys-Houston-1312081512169702/

Hamburger Mary's is a burger joint that caters to the LGBT community with various Drag shows and other forms of entertainment. I believe they started in West Hollywood, CA.

So it's like Mary's, but with hamburgers?

Marys1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A bar from Guava Lamp is in planning for 2409 Grant St. Currently, Hamburger Mary's resides here, so I don't know if this bar will be its replacement or will be an added venue.

Here's what I know of Buddy's so far:

Their logo was added to their Instagram page around a month or two ago.

Their Instagram is @buddyshouston

And their website is http://buddys.bar

SYC5MOL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/15/2019 at 1:03 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

A bar from Guava Lamp is in planning for 2409 Grant St. Currently, Hamburger Mary's resides here, so I don't know if this bar will be its replacement or will be an added venue.

Here's what I know of Buddy's so far:

Their logo was added to their Instagram page around a month or two ago.

Their Instagram is @buddyshouston

And their website is http://buddys.bar

SYC5MOL.jpg

The bar is not affiliated with Guava Lamp. It's a former employee that worked at Guava Lamp some time ago that is opening the bar. Buddy's will actually be located on the west side of the building, where Mary's Alibi and Bayou City were previously located.

Buddy's is said to be a country/western bar and are currently awaiting permits/licences with the city to open. 

Back to Hamburger Mary's - I did hear their lease is set to expire and may be relocating. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, ErickEdgar said:

The bar is not affiliated with Guava Lamp. It's a former employee that worked at Guava Lamp some time ago that is opening the bar. Buddy's will actually be located on the west side of the building, where Mary's Alibi and Bayou City were previously located.

Buddy's is said to be a country/western bar and are currently awaiting permits/licences with the city to open. 

Back to Hamburger Mary's - I did hear their lease is set to expire and may be relocating. 

Thanks for the update. Somehow news of the murder at Bayou City, its closure and reopening as the short-lived Mary's Alibi seems to have been overlooked at HAIF.
A well-run bar with a courteous staff, adequate security, and reasonably priced drinks should do well here (and would be a refreshing change).

• The title was changed to Hamburger Mary's At 2409 Grant St.

Archived