Sign in to follow this  
HNathoo

Sclumberger building to be redeveloped

jmitch94    816

Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Schlumberger-building-to-be-remade-in-EaDo-10854832.php

Local preservationist David Denenburg has purchased the Schlumberger building in the east end with plans to restore the property and fill it with tenants to serve the burgeoning neighborhood around it.

The 1938 structure, a rare Houston example of Art Deco architecture, was long ago the U.S. headquarters for oil services giant Schlumberger.

Denenberg envisions retailers occupying the first floor and office space and/or a medical user in the rest of the building.

"All these townhouses are scattered all over the area with zero retail," he said

Noticed work on this site and found this. He makes some good points. I can vouch that there is no retail in that area.  

• Like 2

samagon    1976

I'm happy that this iconic building that helped shape our city is not just going to be around for a while, but will be used.

It was always on my "places to buy and revive into kick ass condos if I win the lottery" list

Edited by samagon
  • Like 3

Sanjorade    128
On 2/20/2017 at 4:09 PM, samagon said:

I'm happy that this iconic building that helped shape our city is not just going to be around for a while, but will be used.

It was always on my "places to buy and revive into kick ass condos if I win the lottery" list

Same here!

From Realty News Report last week:

David Denenburg is already working on his next project, the original North American headquarters for Schlumberger at 2720 Leeland built in 1938. “I’m currently restoring it, replicating all 110 windows exactly as they were in 1938,” Denenburg says. “It will be a mix of retail and office space in EaDo.”

http://realtynewsreport.com/2017/08/04/transformation-unfolding-quickly-in-eado-district-crew-houston-told/

• Like 1

samagon    1976

I noticed that a lot of the windows were replaced about 3 months ago, nothing's happened since then. Not even cutting the grass.