Sign in to follow this  
CrockpotandGravel

2619 Polk St

The entire block at 2619 Polk St, bounded by Dallas Street, Nagle Street and Live Oak, is being redeveloped.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15318172/2619-Polk-Street-Houston-TX/?MPID=MV37CNQ1A&SRID=&tab=Sale-Lease&PgCxtGuid=d0b2ec72-76c0-4e26-9261-68437c3c7591&PgCxtFLKey=&PgCxtCurFLKey=PropertyRecord&PgCxtDir=Down

0iyfg4Z.jpg

From Loopnet:

62,500 SF +/- (1.4348 ACRES)

Property is located in the shadow of the Houston CBD/Downtown, within a short distance from the Toyota Center, Minute Maid Park, George R. Brown Convention Center & the Houston Center.

• Like 1

A sports bar named Sports Creek is opening at 2619 Polk Street in EaDo.

From Swamplot:

A 3-block jaunt from the proposed site of the recently reincarnated Ivy Lofts development will land you at 2619 Polk St., where do-it-yourself sports bar Sports Creek is setting up. The developers look to be planting a series of sand volleyball courts and blue-turfed soccer fields on the long-paved-over block bounded by Polk, Live Oak, Nagle, and Dallas streets (catty-corner from the former Kings warehouse building slated for a wholesale-to-retail makeover).

One of the involved developers recently told Maggie Gordon that the new place should open in January, and that there will be 3 volleyball courts; the above rendering shows the latest published update to the bar’s planned layout of the space (though it appears to show 4 courts instead). It’s also not totally clear which side of the development that drawing is meant to show, as none of the site’s depicted neighbors appear to quite match up with the array of townhomes, warehouses, and electrical substation that ring the block.

Older renderings released earlier this year showed the business with only 1 and 2 fields and courts respectively, on a much skinnier piece of land:

QZxq5RO.jpg

wnXn7Jv.jpg

Recent rendering:

uoDWW0r.jpg

• Like 1

From Instagram (@htxsportscreek):

Sports Creek will be a sports facility in Houston Texas mainly involving soccer (with blue turf), sand volleyball and a bar to enjoy a cold beer.

More renderings and pitcures:

The design of our bar.

BtGB2Xw.jpg

This is how our volleyball courts will look.

delDruv.jpg

And this is the website:
http://www.htxsportscreek.com

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

More about Sports Creek opening at 2619 Polk in Eado.

From Houston Chronicle:

And in January, Roberto Escalera is opening a new volleyball bar in EaDo. His concept, called Sports Creek, will have three sand volleyball courts and two soccer fields.

He and his partners originally planned to open their Polk Street bar with a focus on soccer, but after Escalera became involved in pickup games around the city, the lifelong volleyball player saw a real need for more courts throughout Houston.

"I've just seen it grow so much in the past year or two that I've been in Houston," says Escalera, who grew up in Mexico watching his mother play volleyball every chance she got. "People want a place to play and hang out. We're going to have a fire pit where you can see the skyline of downtown, and it's just going to be a cool place to play and watch. We need those."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/health/article/Volleyball-scene-spikes-in-Houston-10788213.php?t=244665e69a438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

samagon    2030

went there a few Fridays ago. Not a lot of people drinking, but some use on the fields. It's an interesting concept, just a lot of space used for this thing that I don't know that just beer and wine covers. I hope they are setting up leagues with dues to help cover costs.

Hope it works, it's a place I'd go back to.

HoustonMidtown    2528

We stopped by about 3-4 weeks ago also, a Saturday night around 9:00pm.... there were maybe 10 people there - nobody playing any sports....I drive by every day during the day and have never seen anyone there so I'm assuming it's a night time thing...

j_cuevas713    930

I see quite a few people play there. Lot's of leagues, etc. The guy who owns it seems to know some big time talent in soccer. 

Pitts    20

I rode my bike by there last night and it was full of people. I think it really adds to the fabric of the nascent neighborhood and I think it would be smart for city parks to emulate this concept.

• Like 1

Eastdwntwn    6

I live across the street and they moved the volleyball courts so that they are right next to each other at the corner of Nagle and Dallas. Also Houston Food Park announced today that they will be starting back up and their new home will be here at Sport Creek. Opening weekend is October 14th and 15th.

Interesting choice because it will be two blocks from the new Houston Truck Yard that is going to open up in East Village.

P.S.

Really looking forward to having so many food truck that are walking distance. Now the East Downtown Management District needs to do something about the fact that sidewalks in this area seem to just end in random spots.

• Like 3