HTXEdgarNDenver

Minute Maid Park Renovations

30 posts in this topic

I think they're moving them in, to add more seats, restaurants and bars. 

4 people like this

I went to the game a few weeks ago. The big Citgo sign now has the Occidental Petroleum logo (OXY).

being the field with the deepest center was an interesting feature. the hill made the park unique. Now it's going to be a little less special.

Edited by samagon
8 people like this

Well Tal's Hill will live to see another day. because they're running scared they won't have the ballpark ready in time for the 2016 season. Just as things were picking up and getting interesting ...

tumblr_mwycrf58eo1rzik3go1_250.gif

1 hour ago, HannahX said:

Well Tal's Hill will live to see another day. because they're running scared they won't have the ballpark ready in time for the 2016 season. Just as things were picking up and getting interesting ...

Edited by Nate99
3 people like this

Change is a good thing. And the center field distance change doesn't bother me.....it was for bragging rights only. I don't know about you guys but I can't see a 19 foot difference from any vantage point in the park.

On 10/19/2016 at 2:44 PM, HannahX said:

not sure I am following, it looks like they've already got going pretty solid on the demo work. if they don't think they can complete by next year, why not just do all the work they can in the off season, then put a temp fence in, and then start again next off season?

I mean, if they won't be able to complete anything this off season, how will they be able to complete anything during any off season?

45 minutes ago, samagon said:

not sure I am following, it looks like they've already got going pretty solid on the demo work. if they don't think they can complete by next year, why not just do all the work they can in the off season, then put a temp fence in, and then start again next off season?

I mean, if they won't be able to complete anything this off season, how will they be able to complete anything during any off season?

They should at least be able to complete the field portion, then put up a temporary wall while they complete the rest. At least you would think. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, samagon said:

Also next year will be the 2017 season unless we all very unfortunate and have to do 2016 again.

Wow. I did not realize this project required tearing down half the stadium. 

2 people like this

1hO5eM9.jpg

I assume they are replacing the sign with a newer one.

z8ldgOj.jpg

4 people like this

Tal's hill was a bit gimmicky, and it was designed in as opposed to organic quirkiness, so I won't really miss it.

3 people like this