Main & Company Retail At 100-114 Main St.

htownboy

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2016/10/05/exclusive-houston-hotelier-to-launch-co-working.html?ana=e_hstn_bn_exclusive

The Zimmerman family is redeveloping 4 historic buildings on the north side of Downtown. The brick facades and marquee designs will be restored and the buildings will be used as co-working space.

The family has likened the space to an old building in New York City.

They have purchased 104 Main, 108 Main, 110 Main and 112 Main for redevelopment.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

What is their Midtown Lodge?

Sorry, little joke. This family annoys me. They own 2910 Crawford, which is basically a halfway house that's really a blight on the Baldwin Park area...I don't know why they don't let go of it, but there is a black mercedes that shows up every afternoon for...collection? I don't know. I wish the news would investigate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/3qush8/midtown_lodge/

http://www.bedbugregistry.com/location/TX/77004-2729/Houston/2910 Crawford St

But that's off topic.

This project looks interesting!

Beautiful buildings. Feels more New Orleans to me than New York. Don't look like they need much reno from the outside.

Are they keeping the ground floors as retail, I wonder? That end of Main Street needs a jolt. Downtown retail in general does, really. I hope the residential and hotel boom provides it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H-Town Man said:

Are they keeping the ground floors as retail, I wonder? That end of Main Street needs a jolt. Downtown retail in general does, really. I hope the residential and hotel boom provides it.

The ground-floor retail spaces are currently all occupied by a bail bondsman, Barringer (bar), Lilly and Bllom (bar; said to be soft-opening tomorrow) and Gossip (nightclub).   

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

A bar backed by industry bigwigs is ready to sink its fangs into Houston's downtown party scene.

Cottonmouth is the name of the bar that Mike Raymond, co-owner of Reserve 101 whiskey bar, is opening with partners bartender Michael Neff and designer Greg Swanson.

On Friday Raymond announced both the name and location of the bar: 108 Main in the Brewester Building, once home to Barringer Bar, which closed in December after almost a three-year run.

https://www.chron.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Cottonmouth-bar-coming-to-downtown-Houston-12619918.php

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Main & Co. retail update (100-114 Main St):

A new nightlife concept is taking over the first floor of the Brewster Building at 108 Main St (part of Main & Co.)

The proprietor of drive-thru daiquiri shop Candy Shack recently leased the first floor unit previously occupied by cocktail bars Cottonmouth Club and Barringer's. 

Named Finish Your Champagne, this could be a bar. If it is a bar concept, it's possible this could be a champagne, wine, or craft cocktail bar based on the name.

In addition to Candy Shack, the owner also operates upscale dining concept Juliet near the Galleria area.

Social media for Finish Your Champagne:

@finishyourchampagne (Instagram)

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3

I walked by this yesterday.  That end of the street can use a little help, so this is good. 

I went to the coffee shop next door, 3 Fibs.  It's... OK.  But like most coffee shops in Houston, it suffers from a lack of choice.  It has the same seven items on its menu that every other coffee shop has.  So why should I go there, instead of somewhere else?

Harsh on Starbucks, but at least there's some variety.  Perhaps Starbucks tries too hard to be everything to everyone, but catering to more than just the basics is how you bring people in the door.

I like the vibe at 3 Fibs.  But I probably won't go back, just because there's no reason to.  There are five other places closer to me that I can get the exact same thing.

I will definitely go back when/if it expands its hours.  It does wine and charcuterie boards, which I like.  But it's only open until 4pm.  I'm not going to drink wine on my lunch break.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, editor said:

I walked by this yesterday.  That end of the street can use a little help, so this is good. 

I went to the coffee shop next door, 3 Fibs.  It's... OK.  But like most coffee shops in Houston, it suffers from a lack of choice.  It has the same seven items on its menu that every other coffee shop has.  So why should I go there, instead of somewhere else?

Harsh on Starbucks, but at least there's some variety.  Perhaps Starbucks tries too hard to be everything to everyone, but catering to more than just the basics is how you bring people in the door.

I like the vibe at 3 Fibs.  But I probably won't go back, just because there's no reason to.  There are five other places closer to me that I can get the exact same thing.

I will definitely go back when/if it expands its hours.  It does wine and charcuterie boards, which I like.  But it's only open until 4pm.  I'm not going to drink wine on my lunch break.

How did you feel about Honeymoon Cafe?

• The title was changed to 100 Block of Main St. And Commerce St.
  • 6 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 6:39 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

The Fifth Vessel / Fifth Vessel Coffee Co. opened in November. It replaces 3Fibs at 104 Main St.

Shoot. I walked right by there yesterday and didn't even notice. I'll have to stop by tomorrow. Thanks for letting us know. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Lilly & Bloom is rebranding to Kingsman Circle. The downtown bar announced the news on Instagram yesterday.

Kingsman Circle is located at 110 Main St in the Raphael Building. The Raphael Building is one of several buildings on that block part of Main & Co (The Main & Commerce Exchange). Main & Co is a collection of buildings from 100 Main St (or 108 Main St) to 114 Main St.

Photo of Lilly & Bloom from Main & Co's website
f8XtAzT.jpg

Instagram announcement of Kingsman Circle

"Coming Soon 110 Main St Houston"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Co9NWiXuGdI

AAbpV0V.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Main & Co. Retail At 100-114 Main St.
  • 4 weeks later...

Photo of a food and or beverage concept for 917 Franklin St. The photo is from the Miscellaneous Downtown Houston Retail Thread 2023.

917 Franklin is part of Main & Co, which is a collection of buildings at 100-114 Main St and 917 Franklin St.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/49780-miscellaneous-downtown-houston-retail-thread-2023/?do=findComment&comment=688797

2 hours ago, editor said:

New bar at Main and Franklin.

3F450491-53B4-4D46-852B-9F0BC9495B75_1_105_c.jpg

F3201285-F113-4A7F-ADBB-764A78B4A7DC_1_105_c.jpg

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Main & Company Retail At 100-114 Main St.