11 posts in this topic

In the aftermath of Josh Innes joining KMBE 790-AM & returning to Houston, the iHeart Media station had to let go of longtime radio host Charlie Pallilo in order to make way for Innes in the rating-crucial afternoon drive spot.

Pallilo's status was not addressed in a company statement announcing Innes' hire to work the 3:00pm-7:00pm afternoon shift & station officials refused to return phone calls seeking comment om Monday. However, Pallilo's name & blog both were removed from the KMBE website & he told colleagues that he was no longer with the iHeart Media station.

Innes will be paired with former KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 producer, Jim Mudd on KMBE 790 AM for the 3:00pm-7:00pm afternoon drive slot beginning on Monday, October 10th!

Plus, Innes' show will be airing against the KILT afternoon drive show, "The Triple Threat" co-hosted by Rich Lord, with whom he had a very ugly, contentious relationship with during his 4 years at KILT. This sets up to being what could be one of the most contentious, nastiest, potentially entertaining ratings & programing face-offs in the history of Houston sports radio.

Any thoughts on Innes joining 790-AM & how he'll do competing against his former colleagues at KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 ?

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Josh-Innes-returning-to-Houston-sports-radio-9615704.php

Edited by Blue Dogs

Horrible decision.  Pallilo was the best in Houston, Innes has been fired like 3 times in a year.  He is an extremely poor man's Skip Bayless.  That's sad.

4 people like this

Innes might make for a good political talk show host like Hannity because he's controversial but he know's nothing about sports, especially compared to Pallilo. 

3 people like this

3 hours ago, kbates2 said:

Horrible decision.  Pallilo was the best in Houston, Innes has been fired like 3 times in a year.  He is an extremely poor man's Skip Bayless.  That's sad.

He was only fired from Philly, be fair.   

1 person likes this

apparently CP has a 6 month no compete which sucks.  that said it's not hard to envision him back at 610 afterwards.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, swtsig said:

apparently CP has a 6 month no compete which sucks.  that said it's not hard to envision him back at 610 afterwards.

someone would have to be fired. they have a lot of hosts. 2 for the first show, 3 for the next and 3 after that. I can't really imagine how he'd fit in.

Josh is an angry man, not what I want to listen to after a long day of work. I might not vote Charlie into the HOF for his personality, but his knowledge and insight of Pro sports was easy listening...................not the anger and smut Innes brings to the air................Back to the triple threat!

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, cornbread said:

Josh is an angry man, not what I want to listen to after a long day of work. I might not vote Charlie into the HOF for his personality, but his knowledge and insight of Pro sports was easy listening...................not the anger and smut Innes brings to the air................Back to the triple threat!

I can totally understand people not liking Josh innes, but I literally can not listen to the triple threat.  If that show was on any other station but 610 it would crash and burn.  

1 person likes this

Per Ken Hoffman on twitter a few weeks back, Charlie is going to be on 1560

Strange though that the Chronicle hasn't ran a story on it yet.

Edited by lockmat
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, lockmat said:

Per Ken Hoffman on twitter a few weeks back, Charlie is going to be on 1560

Strange though that the Chronicle hasn't ran a story on it yet.

I agree with you there Lockmat. Surprised neither the Houston Chronicle or McGuff Blog even mentioned this at all.

1 person likes this