In the aftermath of Josh Innes joining KMBE 790-AM & returning to Houston, the iHeart Media station had to let go of longtime radio host Charlie Pallilo in order to make way for Innes in the rating-crucial afternoon drive spot.

Pallilo's status was not addressed in a company statement announcing Innes' hire to work the 3:00pm-7:00pm afternoon shift & station officials refused to return phone calls seeking comment om Monday. However, Pallilo's name & blog both were removed from the KMBE website & he told colleagues that he was no longer with the iHeart Media station.

Innes will be paired with former KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 producer, Jim Mudd on KMBE 790 AM for the 3:00pm-7:00pm afternoon drive slot beginning on Monday, October 10th!

Plus, Innes' show will be airing against the KILT afternoon drive show, "The Triple Threat" co-hosted by Rich Lord, with whom he had a very ugly, contentious relationship with during his 4 years at KILT. This sets up to being what could be one of the most contentious, nastiest, potentially entertaining ratings & programing face-offs in the history of Houston sports radio.

Any thoughts on Innes joining 790-AM & how he'll do competing against his former colleagues at KILT-AM Sports Radio 610 ?

http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Josh-Innes-returning-to-Houston-sports-radio-9615704.php

Edited by Blue Dogs

7 hours ago, swtsig said:

apparently CP has a 6 month no compete which sucks.  that said it's not hard to envision him back at 610 afterwards.

someone would have to be fired. they have a lot of hosts. 2 for the first show, 3 for the next and 3 after that. I can't really imagine how he'd fit in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Josh is an angry man, not what I want to listen to after a long day of work. I might not vote Charlie into the HOF for his personality, but his knowledge and insight of Pro sports was easy listening...................not the anger and smut Innes brings to the air................Back to the triple threat!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cornbread said:

Josh is an angry man, not what I want to listen to after a long day of work. I might not vote Charlie into the HOF for his personality, but his knowledge and insight of Pro sports was easy listening...................not the anger and smut Innes brings to the air................Back to the triple threat!

I can totally understand people not liking Josh innes, but I literally can not listen to the triple threat.  If that show was on any other station but 610 it would crash and burn.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, lockmat said:

Per Ken Hoffman on twitter a few weeks back, Charlie is going to be on 1560

Strange though that the Chronicle hasn't ran a story on it yet.

I agree with you there Lockmat. Surprised neither the Houston Chronicle or McGuff Blog even mentioned this at all.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Just now, Blue Dogs said:

Will Pallilo ever be on the Houston Sports Radio scene ever again ?

He is better than most of the sports talk we currently have so I hope so. Only one I enjoy listening to now is Matt Thomas' afternoon show on 790.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, hindesky said:

He is better than most of the sports talk we currently have so I hope so. Only one I enjoy listening to now is Matt Thomas' afternoon show on 790.

Pallilo should be on Sports Radio 610 KILT-AM Houston. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 10:39 AM, hindesky said:

Yeah, take over for those afternoon guys who are terrible. Stoerner is horrible to listen to so I never do.

Something tells me a house cleaning might be in store at Sports Radio 610 KILT-AM Houston. 

They need to give the "Zach Gelb Show" another HR & get rid of that annoying Best of Today crap. 

• Like 1

its all bad - recycling folks and bumping up inexperienced producers who know little about Houston's sports scene outside of typical pro sports is all these stations do

and then letting these ex-nfl folks who have nothing else to do come on the radio to talk more football is just a boring circle

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 12:19 AM, hbcu said:

its all bad - recycling folks and bumping up inexperienced producers who know little about Houston's sports scene outside of typical pro sports is all these stations do

and then letting these ex-nfl folks who have nothing else to do come on the radio to talk more football is just a boring circle

Let's not forget about Stoerner keeps blabbing about nonsense & his crazy whacky mother including Ron Hughley nagging is annoying. 

Edited by Blue Dogs