University of Texas Longhorns Football

DJ V Lawrence

I think it's a good tradition but a better one for Texas than Oklahoma. I doubt I'd want to travel to someone else's state every year for my rivalry game.

Add on: I think Reliant Stadium should work with the Aggies and LSU to start a rivalry game in Houston every year. It's about time we got the Aggies back in Houston on a yearly basis.

none of my OU friends mind going to the Red River Shootout. they're actually slightly closer to dallas then austin, and leaving their state becomes irrelavant once half the cotton bowl turns red.

and unfortunately for the last few years they've enjoyed it more then the longhorns, but hopefully that will change this year.

it is often called the best rivalry in college football.

Houston has wanted to renew the A&M-LSU rivalry for years. Problem is, LSU can seat 91,000 in Death Valley, and A&M can hold 86,000 at Kyle Field. Reliant holds 71,000. Add in travel expenses and it isn't worth it. Shame, but money controls. That is why UT-OU is probably not long for Dallas, either.

• 5 years later...

The University of Texas Longhorn network has “pissed off” its own  fans because cable companies won’t carry its games, they fear LHN destabilizes the Big 12 Athletic Conference and will eventually destroy century long rivalries.  That’s what the UT president and others are hearing from alumni, fans and season ticket holders. Emails obtained exclusively by CoveringKaty.com…

View the full article at Covering Katy

• 4 years later...

http://www.emiratesa380experience.com/assets/images/img-plane.png

^^^ aaaaahhhh yes.  i am beyond excited about being back home within this great state of TEXAS.  i arrived upon sept. 2nd, home to houston via dubai, uae.  later that evening, i had to depart for austin via southwest airlines and check into my hotel... W AUSTIN baby.  this BURNT ORANGE city is buzzing like crazy in anticipation of tomorrow's grand matchup between our MAGNIFICENT LONGHORNS and the farting irish.  in fact, there were many notre dame fans upon my flight to austin.  i have just returned from shopping at the TEXAS CO-OP and TEXAS fans are EVERYWHERE!  the notre dame fans that are out and about seem quite overwhelmed with envy and awe.  tomorrow's sunday night game broadcast is going to be simply brilliant...

HOOK'EM!

800px-Texas_Longhorn_logo.svg.png

beat the irish!

http://lessonpix.com/drawings/8735/100x100/Sad+Leprechaun.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to University of Texas Vs. OU At The Cotton Bowl
  • The title was changed to University of Texas Longhorns Football
  • 5 months later...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

^^^ @Highrise Tower  what those shocking imbeciles did to that poor innocent steer was absolutely unconscionable, unacceptable, and heinous.  they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  however, this will NEVER EVER change the fact the TEXAS LONGHORNS are now the 2023 BIG XII CHAMPIONS!  also, we are now on our way to the CFP PLAYOFFS/CHAMPIONSHIPS.  HOOK'EM!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1