La Colombe d'Or Hotel At 3410 Montrose Blvd.

Urbannizer

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine the tower will be to the far western edge of the lot and the Hanover tower is in the far eastern end of the block so it won't be like they're right up against each other but it will make for cozy bedfellows. They'll be able to have water balloon fights on the balconies.

I always thought Montrose would be lined by towers one day all the way to Hermann Park. With the Museum district right there and now all of the hot restaurants and proximity to downtown and the med center its a no brainer. Its going to be similar to a midtown manhattan feel someday.

• Like 5

If uptown doesn't want the light rails (since they've rejected it multiple times), I say place the light rail down Montrose and Washington. They will have the density to justify it.

Possibly look to do something up Allen Parkway/Kirby and segment the inner city that way. let uptown remain the continuous parking lot that it desperately wants to remain.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, shasta said:

If uptown doesn't want the light rails (since they've rejected it multiple times), I say place the light rail down Montrose and Washington. They will have the density to justify it.

Possibly look to do something up Allen Parkway/Kirby and segment the inner city that way. let uptown remain the continuous parking lot that it desperately wants to remain.

I'd like to see an old-school street car running down West Dallas from downtown to Shepherd. It would service Regent Square, the future Allen, a handful of massive apartment communities, and the office complex near the AIG/Wortham Towers. It would also allow downtown residents to get to the Whole Foods on Waugh without a car. 

I'd like to see the death trap lane of death on West Alabama also become a street car line. I'd run it from The Breakfast Club (stopping one block short of the light rail) to the area near the West Alabama Ice House. It would connect Montrose, the Menil, and HEB with the light rail line.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shasta said:

Not trying to get this off topic, but since you insist on bringing up rail.. "Uptown" doesn't want the light rail, or Culberson doesn't want the light rail..?

4 minutes ago, cloud713 said:

Not trying to get this off topic, but since you insist on bringing up rail.. "Uptown" doesn't want the light rail, or Culberson doesn't want the light rail..?

At this point, I believe neither wants it: Culberson doesn't want rail going down Richmond, and Uptown management doesn't want rail down post oak. I believe the reason for the latter is that businesses would "be hurt by the construction", and the fear of the bus lane is that its a precursor to rail. The controversy being: why do they want to pour rail-ready concrete for the bus lane if it's just a bus lane?

41 minutes ago, Nucleareaction said:

At this point, I believe neither wants it: Culberson doesn't want rail going down Richmond, and Uptown management doesn't want rail down post oak. I believe the reason for the latter is that businesses would "be hurt by the construction", and the fear of the bus lane is that its a precursor to rail. The controversy being: why do they want to pour rail-ready concrete for the bus lane if it's just a bus lane?

Culbersons district also includes a portion of Post Oak. He's the reason they had to go forward with BRT instead of rail..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

For reference, 3400 Montrose is  328' feet.

I can't imagine how tall that will look!  Also - I agree that it looks like the Southmore 2.0.   Can't we please please get a tower with more pizzaz?  Austin gets them. Dallas gets them.  We are the step-children of cool high-rises. Look at what is going in on Bammel - it already looks like a 1990's dated design and he hasn't even started. None-the-less, I am glad for the vertical construction over the 8 story wraps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dakota79 said:

I can't imagine how tall that will look!  Also - I agree that it looks like the Southmore 2.0.   Can't we please please get a tower with more pizzaz?  Austin gets them. Dallas gets them.  We are the step-children of cool high-rises. Look at what is going in on Bammel - it already looks like a 1990's dated design and he hasn't even started. None-the-less, I am glad for the vertical construction over the 8 story wraps.

^^^ @Dakota79 imo, the aforementioned design is only conceptual.  somehow, i really doubt that the HINES corporation shall allow for themselves to be somewhat responsible for constructing a residential DARK TOWER.