If you've noticed an increase in pedestrian activity these last few days, thank Pokemon Go

cloud713

Haha.  My gf told me she downloaded it because her daughter wanted to play(uh huh) then I admitted had downloaded it too.  There aren't any Pokemon in the gulf of mexico but I'm sure I'll play with them when I get home.

I finally caved and downloaded it. Went for a jog around the neighborhood last night. All the other introverts were out too. Amazing how many people stay home on a Friday night.

There's a ton of gyms in my area. Also caught 3 water types in my pool! Ha! Contemplated ubering a couple miles away, but decided it was best to go home and try again today.

edit: also interested in going to the ship channel to see if any of the nasty wheezing/coughing & electric types are there. 

7 hours ago, BeerNut said:

I wonder if this will negatively affect programming at Discovery Green?

If DiscoGreen plays their cards right, it can boost programing attendance. Host specific days/events like "Trainer Tuesday/Thursday", and Battles or "Gym Takeover" events on the weekends. The grass will be completely destroyed with all the activity. Haha..

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, cspwal said:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/city-life/08-12-16-discovery-green-wants-a-stop-to-pokemon-go/

Looks like Discovery green doesn't like the increased traffic.  I wonder how bad it is getting if they are requesting this - last time I was there it just seemed like a busy day at the park

Totally makes sense, right?  The park can host a concert every 3 hours and a bunch of corporate events -- both of which kill the grass for much of the summer and leave trash all over the place -- heck, the park can even CLOSE COMPLETELY for private events and concerts --- but, some nerds chasing mythic monsters is just intolerable.

yep, perfect sense.

• 2 months later...

I've heard of people getting hit by cars and on a less macabre note, falling into rivers or throwing their phones against a wall while trying to 'swipe' and these stories didn't seem real to me until now. I guess some people really committed huh?

I was sort of into the game when it first came out because of all the hype. I couldn't help myself and I didn't want to feel 'left out' but now that the buzz has died down I've lost interest and now I'm back to playing my all time fave game Civ VI

Archived