skooljunkie

The Allen: Allen Pkwy/Gillette Mixed Use 6 acres

Vy65    14

The villages on Allen parkway really create a problem. You remove them and you have a nice corridor going from this project straight into downtown. That corridor would be ideal for similar, mixed-use type projects along these lines, and you'd have a nice green belt across the street. Seems like an ideal way to expand downtown/increase urbanization. I understand that the villages have been designated as a historic neighborhood, but my common sense tells me that, if this project gets off the ground, there would have to be a developer willing to work with the city and the villages to relocate the people there to another site by "buying out" (or whatever the appropriate legal term would be) the historic neighborhood qualifier. But I might be wrong. In any event, seems like a really ideal way to connect montrose with downtown. 

• Like 3

On 7/27/2017 at 10:52 PM, CREguy13 said:

Sorry tried to attach something and did not work.  Will try to find better attachment, but groundbreaking for Office is also scheduled for this fall and delivery is in winter of 2019.

The Allen -- Digital Preview -- Summer 2017.pdf

I don't know how I missed your post from this summer, @CREguy13. Thanks for sharing. The more I see visuals and read updates on The Allen and The Thompson Houston hotel, the more excited I get for this project. I love this forum and the developers who see the potential we've always known Houston to have. This city keeps getting better and better.

Here are hi-res images extracted from the pdf you provided (if any one wants them), that are clearer than the screenshots attached to the previous post (and easier to zoom in to see more details).

Introducing The Offices at the Allen: Houston’s most active, dynamic, energetic and coveted office space.

340,000 sf of class a office space at The Allen in Houston

Delivering Winter 2019

A higher-res rendering from the one previously posted here in May and April.

95cq6Gk.jpg

A higher-res rendering from the one previously posted here in May.
mhGvyx3.jpg

b5kQ5P7.jpg

LXTrKM2.jpg

MmuyPv5.jpg

ZdntkxG.jpg

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

Santa Urby, just slip a start date under the tree, for me...I’ve been an awfully good boy. :P

According to this post, construction was to begin in the fall. I'm assuming the hurricane affected those plans. Another post below that one, reported the retrieval of soil samples. If I had to take a stab, construction could begin in the first quarter of 2018 (I hope!)

• Like 2

On 10/9/2017 at 0:05 AM, Urbannizer said:

From the above portfolio on The Allen, The Offices at The Allen, and The Thompson Houston Hotel:

THE ALLEN MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT Houston, Texas, USA

Located west of downtown Houston along the Buffalo Bayou, this luxury mixed-use development on Allen Parkway will feature a 42-story hotel and condominium tower, a 22-story office building and a retail pavilion. Green space connects all the architectural elements.

The orientation and design of the buildings provide clear, open sight lines. A consistent design concept focused on form, light, materiality and transparency ties together the three distinct components.

The hotel and condominium high-rise will be an iconic addition to Houston’s skyline. The tower is made up of three uniform volumes stacked horizontally, with a dramatic shift in the middle. Residents will enjoy expansive views of the park and city.

Luxury condominiums on the upper levels feature individual balconies with luxurious “plunge pools.” Amenities include a pool and terraced gardens. Thompson Hotels, a New York-based luxury hotel chain, will operate the 180-key hotel. The design creates a locally inspired Texas experience that incorporates Thompson’s brand DNA. incorporates Thompson’s brand DNA.

The adjacent office building with approximately 340,000 square feet of Class A office space will share the tower’s sleek, glazed look. The office tower will feature an interior park and a lively retail base.

With an organic form and smooth curves, the retail pavilion welcomes the public into the complex. The ground-level structure will house retail outlets as well as a high-end fitness facility overlooking the outdoor public areas.

Landscaped pathways, water features, outdoor seating and a civic art program encourage public activity on the site. A pedestrian overpass across Allen Parkway links the development to Buffalo Bayou Park.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Here's another rendering (screenshot) I didn't see included in your above post, Urb. This was in the slide show on the home page.

It looks like a lobby and elevator area somewhere inside The Allen. I'm not if it's The Offices at The Allen or the residential. The Allen logo is between the elevators.

hXq4WGY.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Another link from the above website that I didn't see shared here, the link includes materials of The Allen and The Thompson Houston Hotel from October.

http://www.tianqingred.com/htm/201710/23_92.htm (archive link)

A site plan of The Allen

sm1BfKy.jpg

Luxury By the Numbers

38 Floors | 180 Hotel Rooms | 100 Condominiums

Standard Features

• 24-hour concierge

• Valet parking

• Ample guest parking

• Views of Downtown, Galleria, and Buffalo Bayou

• Contemporary Design

• Stylish lobby

• Skybar & lounge

• World-class restaurant

• Ample meeting space

• Meeting and event planning support

• Pool deck with cabanas and pool bar

• Lavish spa

• State-of-the-art fitness center

• 24-hour room serivce

• Exquisite ballroom

Condominium Features

•  Soaring 10' Ceilings with 10' glass

• Integrated low voltage lighting

• European Bosch kitchen appliances (or equivalent)

• Like 6

terra002    116

Looks cool, but you're landlocked between the federal reserve building and a housing project...

• Like 2

Reporter    126

...And one the the greatest urban parks in the nation, within walking distance to the CBD and connected via pedestrian bridge. Try to look at the big picture.

Screw walkability anyway. This is a car centric city and will continue to be well after you're dead and buried. This is the best project that could ever be built on that spot - in the here and now.  

I like that it will expand the downtown skyline to the west. There is already a clump of towers (one 40 stories) at Montrose and Allen Pkwy. This project will go a long way connecting it with the CBD.

Edited by Reporter
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

thatguysly    226
1 hour ago, terra002 said:

Looks cool, but you're landlocked between the federal reserve building and a housing project...

I don't have a problem with those apartments. They have been around for decades and in a city that tears everything down, that is rare. They have made them look nice as well. Sure it would be nice to expand downtown forever but with how many other areas can be built on, those apts sure get picked on a lot.

• Like 1

bobruss    2463

So DC Partners is Randall Davis's main investor. I some how missed the relationship. I too hope it doesn't get Alessandrized.

• Like 1

Triton    8871
16 hours ago, thatguysly said:

I don't have a problem with those apartments. They have been around for decades and in a city that tears everything down, that is rare. They have made them look nice as well. Sure it would be nice to expand downtown forever but with how many other areas can be built on, those apts sure get picked on a lot.

The housing project can't be torn down for a while because it has a historic designation.

• Like 1

kbates2    718
1 hour ago, Triton said:

The housing project can't be torn down for a while because it has a historic designation.

So like 30 days?  (Isn’t that the waiting period)