Easy access to TMC. PLUS

Easy access to Museums. PLUS

Hotel amenities and service. PLUS

Room service at home. PLUS

Whole Foods adjacent. PLUS

Art Car Parade Route. PLUS

4th of July Fireworks views. PLUS

Cool hotel when visitors come. PLUS

I've long considered this area the best place in Houston for high rise residential. It truly is the "center" of it all. The views will either be of a green belt and downtown, a green belt and the sunset to the west over Memorial Park, or urban views of downtown. TMC, Montrose, Greenway, Uptown. 

The only thing missing is transit. This is why I will continue to beg for a street car down West Dallas from the Allen Center to Shepherd. It's a no brainer. Heck, make a fake one with no tracks... just a trolley on wheels that runs loops all day. There are thousands of units within a couple of blocks of Dallas now. Do it.

Could it simply be a dedicated bus like the Greenlink?

• Like 2

Montrose1100    2635
On 2/17/2017 at 6:02 PM, Sic'EmBears said:

The renderings lend toward a 10 Hudson / Fifth and Columbia hybrid. 

How dare you not share.

When the never built Allen Center tower was shown I knew it was only a matter of time before a skyscraper would spill over the freeway and change the view.

If 45 is turned into a park this location will be prime. Later down the road the wood frame wraps will be taken out. Hope I'm alive to see it.

• Like 3

Sic'EmBears    2054
5 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

How dare you not share.

I have nothing to share. 

I was referring to already published renderings. 

• Like 1

swtsig    2105

The existing renders are not accurate... site plan has changed considerably as has design from what was originally posted in this thread. There are two concepts I saw, the more value engineered one is what I described but don't take value engineered the wrong way... the design is still of a very high caliber. As always these things are a work in progress. 

• Like 7

wxman    485
2 hours ago, swtsig said:

The existing renders are not accurate... site plan has changed considerably as has design from what was originally posted in this thread. There are two concepts I saw, the more value engineered one is what I described but don't take value engineered the wrong way... the design is still of a very high caliber. As always these things are a work in progress. 

When u say "changed considerably," are there still multiple high rises involved or did it get valued down to another 25 story building and a parking garage?

• Like 1

swtsig    2105
11 hours ago, wxman said:

When u say "changed considerably," are there still multiple high rises involved or did it get valued down to another 25 story building and a parking garage?

On 2/17/2017 at 4:32 AM, swtsig said:

The lifestyle center will front BBP and bears a striking resemblance to BP's (no relation) ultra modern data center on their campus. The Thompson is definitely approaching 40 stories and, as currently designed, shares a similar aesthetic to Hanovers 2nd BLVD place tower but with a more modern bent. Designs are still being finalized but they want the Thompson to be an architectural landmark and I think they are achieving it thus far. Presales of the condo units are needed prior to groundbreaking.

thompson hotel/condo highrise and lifestyle center - phase 1

12-15 story office - only with preleasing

multifamily highrise - phase II/III depending on market

is my understanding.

• Like 8

wxman    485

Sweet! Thanks for the update! Is there a building in Houston that would compare most to the rendering you saw?

• Like 2

H-TownChris2    1873

Definitely not, this building sure is one of a kind. There's three tiers to this building and it's more of a rounder type of building. Hard to describe

• Like 8

nate4l1f3    416
18 hours ago, H-TownChris2 said:

Definitely not, this building sure is one of a kind. There's three tiers to this building and it's more of a rounder type of building. Hard to describe

I love little tidbits like these cause I start picturing the tower in my head and it ends up looking nothing like I imagine :)

• Like 3

HOUCAJUN    114

This is an example of how Houston has invested in its people by re developing it's green spaces to which it gets back it's investment with developments like these popping up. We Houstonians know how great this area is and it's potential. Well outsiders now see what we see.

• Like 7

swtsig    2105
On 3/20/2017 at 9:00 PM, H-TownChris2 said:

you may have seen an earlier rendering as there are two floating around... the initial one definitely had more of a wow factor but the current version was scaled back a bit. still a handsome looking building but less zaha hadid-ish if you will.

• Like 3

swtsig    2105
8 minutes ago, cloud713 said:

Less Zaha Hadid..? Thats blasphemy!

i know right??

my memory is already fading a bit but i recall it incorporating offseting balconies similar to Hanover's U/C blvd place highrise or even the W in Austin.

• Like 1

H-TownChris2    1873
6 hours ago, swtsig said:

you may have seen an earlier rendering as there are two floating around... the initial one definitely had more of a wow factor but the current version was scaled back a bit. still a handsome looking building but less zaha hadid-ish if you will.

I get you, but Idk, I'm pretty sure I saw the most recent. If I remember clearly, the architect is HOK. 

• Like 1

AREJAY    735

Wow, that's wonderful.

If that tower ends up looking anything like the rendering, it may replace 2929 Wesleyan as my favorite. 

• Like 1

KinkaidAlum    2074

Definitely showing taller than 36 floors. Hopefully this breaks the 500 foot mark. 

• Like 4