Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

On 5/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, AREJAY said:

FAA shows the 600 foot "Tower C" has a construction timeline from 12/2019 to 11/2022

and 570 foot "Tower A" has the same construction dates 

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=403884614&row=240

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=403884593&row=257

Overview
Study (ASN): 2019-ASW-5459-OE
Prior Study:  

Received Date: 04/26/2019
Entered Date: 04/26/2019
Map: View Map
Construction Info     Structure Summary
Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: PERM    (Months: 0    Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 12/13/2019  to  11/09/2022

Structure Type: Building
Structure Name: Tower C2
FCC Number:  

Structure Details     Height and Elevation
Latitude (NAD 83): 29° 44' 39.49" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 95° 22' 25.72" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Houston
State: TX
Nearest County: Harris

Proposed
Site Elevation:
Structure Height:
Total Height (AMSL):

Frequencies
Low Freq High Freq Unit ERP Unit
Overview
Study (ASN): 2019-ASW-5454-OE
Prior Study:  

Received Date: 04/26/2019
Entered Date: 04/26/2019
Map: View Map
Construction Info     Structure Summary
Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: PERM    (Months: 0    Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 12/13/2019  to  11/09/2022

Structure Type: Building
Structure Name: Tower A1
FCC Number:  

Structure Details     Height and Elevation
Latitude (NAD 83): 29° 44' 39.32" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 95° 22' 27.90" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Houston
State: TX
Nearest County: Harris

Proposed
Site Elevation:
Structure Height:
Total Height (AMSL):

Frequencies
Low Freq High Freq Unit ERP Unit

Previous heights from the FAA listing posted in 2017: 544' and 631'.

• Like 5

On 5/28/2019 at 7:52 PM, TheSirDingle said:

I could see them buying up all of Midtown, and making it a little Australia. 150+ m residential towers, and Vegemite sandwiches as far as the eye can see. A glorious future that brings a tear to my eyes. 

I don't think I'd want to drive there, it would be difficult enough remembering which way to look when crossing the street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

Ralph interviews Joe Russo of Caydon. Phase II begins 1Q 2020. He says they have "Towers A and B worked up." Not sure if the current highrise is Tower A or if we are getting two more towers in Phase II. The weak Australian dollar is a headwind but not a serious problem.

http://realtynewsreport.com/2019/06/12/australian-developer-goes-bold-in-midtown-houston-qa-with-caydons-joe-russo/

The quote about Towers A and B is in response to a question about Laneways, so it certainly reads as though it's 2 more towers (he said optimistically)

edit: twinspeak^

Edited by corbs315
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

Ralph interviews Joe Russo of Caydon. Phase II begins 1Q 2020. He says they have "Towers A and B worked up." Not sure if the current highrise is Tower A or if we are getting two more towers in Phase II. The weak Australian dollar is a headwind but not a serious problem.

http://realtynewsreport.com/2019/06/12/australian-developer-goes-bold-in-midtown-houston-qa-with-caydons-joe-russo/

Reads to me that Towers A and B are both Laneways, so two for Phase II. I like this guy. Straight shooter and gave good info and not typical sound bites.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

Reads to me that Towers A and B are both Laneways, so two for Phase II. I like this guy. Straight shooter and gave good info and not typical sound bites.

24 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

From the article:

Houston Laneways project materials call for a 2.5 million SF mixed-use development spanning three city blocks bordered by Main, Fannin, Tuam and MacGregor streets. 

I get Main, Fannin and Tuam, but MacGregor is further south of Tuam.  Not sure if this is correct.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CaptainJilliams said:

So 2 more towers for phase II...that makes 3 total including the Drewery.

Does that leave 2 more towers for a future phase since the topic for this thread indicates 5 total?

That's correct, site plan of Laneways from a brochure posted back in March:

Also in the brochure (Pg. 9): "Five towers will form the foundation of this residential community with exciting retail offerings on the ground floor"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Five towers? Who even has enough money to build five towers/buildings?

This guy has more faith in Midtown than probably half the people on this forum. If this even gets to a completed phase II, and lets say he forgoes the last two buildings, this is still a massively transformative project for that space. And they are close to the "innovation district" so lets say some techie wants to stay at a hotel close by, its going to be his hotel. They want to go to retail? Its probably his shops. 

I'm excited, don't take me wrong, but I almost can't believe that they are proceeding with Phase II with as much gusto as that article states. Its almost like Midtown won some kind of lottery. 

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, CaptainJilliams said:

So 2 more towers for phase II...that makes 3 total including the Drewery.

Does that leave 2 more towers for a future phase since the topic for this thread indicates 5 total?

He said in the interview that they will have to see what they do with the last block.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, X.R. said:

This guy has more faith in Midtown than probably half the people on this forum. If this even gets to a completed phase II, and lets say he forgoes the last two buildings, this is still a massively transformative project for that space. And they are close to the "innovation district" so lets say some techie wants to stay at a hotel close by, its going to be his hotel. They want to go to retail? Its probably his shops. 

I'm excited, don't take me wrong, but I almost can't believe that they are proceeding with Phase II with as much gusto as that article states. Its almost like Midtown won some kind of lottery. 

This is the plan from the brochure Urby posted a few pages ago:

Phase 1.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

You act like this was out in Sealy somewhere. Massive investment has gone into this neighborhood including a zero-setback Whole Foods, Rice University is pouring money out of a firehose a short distance away, and I am fairly certain it leads all neighborhoods in Houston in population growth for the past three decades. The question shouldn't be, "Why is this place getting Uptown-style development," but rather, "Why hasn't it yet?"

Considering our climate as well, I hope other developments take cues from this development and create more alleys. Theres just not enough cozy shaded walkways to be somewhat comfortable and walk around in the summer months. Once this gets fleshed out, it along with the older developments on Bagby and Gray St. will be the poster childs of how to approach development in this area. Now we just need to get that minimum parking requirement exemption extended and things will really get rolling.

• Like 7

I am not as surprised about the massive investment in midtown. Midtown in the 1980's and into the mid 1990's was derelict and run down. The change in the last twenty years has been amazing. Considering midtown is close to downtown with all it's sports and entertainment venues, the Theater district, Rice U, the museum district, Hermann Park, etc I would be surprised if it had not developed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, X.R. said:

Someone's living under a rock

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Luminare said:

Considering our climate as well, I hope other developments take cues from this development and create more alleys. Theres just not enough cozy shaded walkways to be somewhat comfortable and walk around in the summer months. Once this gets fleshed out, it along with the older developments on Bagby and Gray St. will be the poster childs of how to approach development in this area. Now we just need to get that minimum parking requirement exemption extended and things will really get rolling.

I agree regarding the walkways. We just moved offices to Midtown, and I didn’t realize how much hotter my lunchtime walks would be without shade from the skyscrapers to intermittently cower under. 

• Like 6