Drewery Place: Multifamily High-Rise At 2850 Fannin St.

Urbannizer

4 hours ago, Reporter said:

Fix the damn 'like' button already! I want to give that great photo with the yellow sky a 'like' so whoever took it knows that I appreciate the effort they went to in taking it and posting it!

For real, I'm waiting to post the rendering of the block 42 tower until I am able to be congratulated by my peers.  I NEED that gratification.

3 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

For real, I'm waiting to post the rendering of the block 42 tower until I am able to be congratulated by my peers.  I NEED that gratification.

I think you just like reminding everyone that you are in possession of the block 42 rendering, lol.

And long as your at it, bring back the old 'thumbs down' option because I want to be able to piss people off with greater ease too! And don't forget about running a diagnostic on the entire emoji system! What is this...the stone age or something!!!  

The following profanity and emoji inventory is just a test to see if anyone is monitoring this website. It is not in anyway directed at anyone in particular:

-------

thousand dollars :ph34r::rolleyes::P:):angry2:

------

Thank you.

2 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

This developer is an Aussie.  If he is reading this, please note:  I am offering to buy you the beer of your choice at the spot of your choice the next time you are in town.

Sounds like fun!

Thought I read a Aussie brewery will be apart of the three tower development.  Sure it's around this thread someplace.

On 8/1/2018 at 9:31 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Thought I read a Aussie brewery will be apart of the three tower development.  Sure it's around this thread someplace.

There was a Little Creatures logo on one of the early renderings, but I think it was just a placeholder.

This project along with 3300 Main are going to make a huge impact on the overall skyline and really begin to pull the TMC and downtown together. 

You can really get a sense for what this will do when you take the 288 into town and exit Victoria to 59 or 69, whatever it is. This will be similar to whats going on in the Museum district with its new cluster of residential high rise additions to the existing towers surrounding the northern end of Hermann Park.

2 hours ago, Avossos said:

are they going to demolish Greensheet builiding and Leon's Lounge... I certainly hope not.

Greensheet has a different owner.  Caydon owns the portion of the block to the south of it.  The renderings of the towers that leaked awhile back featured Leon's, the Greensheet building, as well as the Vietnamese restaurant.

It would be beneficial for the future of the neighborhood if they could repurpose as many of the early 30's-60's era buildings still standing, especially ones with good bones, within reason. I'm not suggesting that  anyone has to do this, but if they want a successful area it needs to feel good. Those efforts  would provide space for retail, and other conveniences while enhancing the public realm. The idea is to hopefully create an environment that people enjoy living, working and playing in. Diversity of architecture mixing old and new are all important ingredients, and hopefully most developers understand the important role they play. Of course  smart landscaping, lighting, signage and safe sidewalks are all important pieces to the puzzle. As an example...

A recent Friday night in a great little neighborhood.

Stepped off the train, at a very busy  Ensemble Station and headed across the street, to Match, the new Lake Flato, arts venue, to catch an early lecture. Besides the lecture there was also a performance in one of the theaters. Afterwards, we detoured west to Holmans on Milam, for a quick cocktail on their patio, then headed back over to Main Street, where we turned south for a little food and fun. We worked our way down the next four blocks of retail and entertainment, while trying to decide what kind of food to try with  so many new options and  old reliables. Mid Main, and its row of expanding retail spaces, is the brand new mixed use apartment complex which spans a block and a half and is right in the heart of Ensemble Station.  We stop for a beer at Natchatee, a little hamburger joint with music, and an interesting art collection including a great Art Guys piece. It's a little repurposed bungalow, that  sits just south of Mid Main and it's the first of the  bohemian section which has developed over the years around the Continental club.  Just across Main street lies the Ensemble Theater, a mainstay and the only thing in the area for ever. After sticking our heads in some of the eclectic shops, we hurry past The Continental Club and Tacos A Go Go and back across Main Street, just south of Alabama, for an art exhibition at Inman gallery, one of several galleries with exhibitions that night, which are housed  in the ground floor of Isabella Court, probably one of the coolest early Houston apartment buildings, with a most remarkable courtyard. We meet up with our friend, and he gives us a quick tour of his new apartment. Afterwards we all head back to catch the late show at Continental Club. This bohemian,  neighborhood spans possibly four or five blocks on both sides of Main and  Milam and packs a wallop and the great thing was,we never had to get in our car.  We ended up for some late night spring rolls at Mai's.  Had a nightcap across from Continental club

After finishing off  a couple Ice coffees, we  connect with our Uber driver and head home. We had  so much fun, with so much to see and do all in one little neighborhood in Midtown. 

What a great night.

Now that's what a great neighborhood can offer.

But you can't tear down all of the old just to put up a lot of cold slick steel and glass, mixed use development and get the same funky feel you get in the heart of Midtown.  Its the fabric that makes the difference.