Urbannizer

Australian Developer Planning Three High-Rises for Midtown

bobruss    2540
On May 3, 2016 at 11:02 PM, OkieEric said:

Here's what I found that probably gives haifers  the  thoughts of three buildings.

I drove by this site tonight on Fannin and saw some "Common Ground" signs (which are also visible in Street View).  Here is the flier for the listings:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x63d4xugyutyaw6/Midtown.3.Acres.pdf?dl=0

Ybt4D4b.png

Undoubtedly the block on the lower left is the one indicated in the Caydon brochure, but from this it looks like that Art Supply building wasn't part of the deal?

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, hindesky said:

Just to refresh what this project will look like. Not sure where the 3 comes in, it looks like only one building to me, will there be more in the future?

4vWbkqO.jpg

Vlna3BS.jpg

5WHeOXM.jpg

o4XElRo.jpg

http://zieglercooper.com/the-midtown-3/

The three towers come from the FAA filings for the other two towers to be designed by Gensler with Caydon as the developer. 

• Like 5

hindesky    17615

Driving home and I see an AT luffing boom in the air so of course I went to take a pic.

zglnY2L.jpg

• Like 7

samagon    2050

13 hours ago, urbanize713 said:

They appeared to be working into the night. Is that typical for crane construction?

it costs lots of money to close down a street, so I assume they work straight until the job is done.

• Like 1

hindesky    17615

It didn't look like they worked overnight. They were in the process of unloading the rest of the trucks that had the jib and aft jib which probably took  another 1hr or so. At 7 am today it looked just like the pic I took yesterday. They did finish it today.

• Like 1

EllenOlenska    531

St. Joseph's Professional Building and Old Central Bank Building are in midtown. Both are over 10 stories. And of course, 2016 Main must be 26 stories. 

This is the first high rise in the lull. 

• Like 1

hindesky    17615

They finished the tower crane yesterday. The south side road Tuam St. is now completely closed.

P8ooDDu.jpg

• Like 8

UtterlyUrban    1431

At the rate they are going, they will be finished building on Tuesday, have their occupancy permit Wednesday, and the first tenants will move in Thursday.

wow.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Houston? said:

So where are the other two highrises out this bunch? I keep seeing just this one. 

We don't have renderings for them yet.  They are in the pipeline, based on the FAA filings.  They would be in the two blocks immediately to the north of this one.

• Like 1

bobruss    2540
On 11/25/2017 at 2:54 PM, mollusk said:

The way that part of Midtown floods, underground parking would be A Very Bad Idea - at least until the storm drainage system catches up.

Mollusk, I hope your wrong because Camden just built a multi level parking garage under the new Midtown project and the new midtown park.

Houston?    99
1 hour ago, houstontexasjack said:

We don't have renderings for them yet.  They are in the pipeline, based on the FAA filings.  They would be in the two blocks immediately to the north of this one.

Thanks. I feel much better now. Now, is this building the tallest of the three?

1 hour ago, Houston? said:

Thanks. I feel much better now. Now, is this building the tallest of the three?

Based on the FAA filings, it would be the shortest.  The other two towers would be 544 feet and 621 feet, respectively.  Links for some of the information below:

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=335960229&row=2 

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=335958451&row=1 

• Like 5

CREguy13    554

With the work schedule ending October 2022, I assume they're planning to have all 3 towers built by then, so we can expect activity in this area of Midtown for the next 4.5 years?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

With the work schedule ending October 2022, I assume they're planning to have all 3 towers built by then, so we can expect activity in this area of Midtown for the next 4.5 years?

I'm not sure.  I reached out to Caydon to see if I could find anything more about the other two towers.  My hunch is that we won't know anything more until the first tower is complete or nears completion, at which point they may move onto other construction.  

j_cuevas713    1000
3 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

I've been saying the next 5 years will change this city. Can't wait to see what Houston is like by then. 

• Like 2